TD06 conversion and few other bits

This could be an interesting build mate good luck! Considering the td05 isnt to much laggier than a td04 ive often wondered how the td06 would react :) be interested to see a few videos of it coming on boost from the rev gauge ;)

A normal TD04 spool is decent, i was getting 1 Bar @ 3400rpm. Took a bit of messing about with an AVCR to get there. Also some fairly short IC pipes and heatwrapped exhaust mani right down to the backbox, dont know if the heatwrap did anything because i fitted it all at the same time lol.

Thats why i can never understand when people say TD04s are laggy haha, set em up right and they are really responsive.

What kinda figures do you get from the hybrid Azz ?

Made 222.7bhp @ 0.9 bar but mine don't hit that till like just after 4k, when I got it back from tuning developments my avcr was set at 0.85 all the way across and duty @ 22% all the way across, what did you do to help spool on the apexi dan ?

Think i had the duty a wee bit higher, about mid 40s iirc. Its a very complex controller and i was messing about with if for the best part of a day to get it spot on. Wish i never sold it ffs.

Here is the guide i used when setting mine up, http://teamkansei.forumotion.net/t28-apexi-avcr-tuning-how-to-set-it-up-properly-the-first-time

Sorry i've swayed off topic lol.

if your bored of the td04 power and want some extra kick then go with something like a vf35..solid power and the turbo will bolt on to your existing turbo manifold/downpipe etc. you can run more boost even with your td04..but your ecu is your limitation. swap to a better mappable ecu and you can max out the td04 capabilities on stock internals. we do it here all the time..in fact i have a mates glanza at our workshop at the moment that's come in for some work and he's been running stock internals+1.4bar on our hybrid td04 for about 3 years now (maybe more i cannot remember). wouldn't recommend that kinda boost on a vf-series with stock internals though.

if your bored of the td04 power and want some extra kick then go with something like a vf35..solid power and the turbo will bolt on to your existing turbo manifold/downpipe etc. you can run more boost even with your td04..but your ecu is your limitation. swap to a better mappable ecu and you can max out the td04 capabilities on stock internals. we do it here all the time..in fact i have a mates glanza at our workshop at the moment that's come in for some work and he's been running stock internals+1.4bar on our hybrid td04 for about 3 years now (maybe more i cannot remember). wouldn't recommend that kinda boost on a vf-series with stock internals though.

1.4 bar on td04 stock internals ! Engine must of been a minter to last 3 years ! I'd love 250 bhp on stock internals but dno if I could risk it at a bar or 1.1

engine is in decent condition mate. its not the only td04 starlet here running boost on stock internals. over here we dont usually forge for td04 ..for anything larger, yes..forged is recommended . get yourself a decent ecu and have someone competent map it. you will be fine.

Local guy here ran 260hp on a stock engine for years, mapped by Chris Carson.

even when he went mental setup he dropped the stock 4efte bottom end into another GT and it lives on.

VF35 if you can get one, or more boost on the td04.

and management if you can get someone local to not raped you with mapping fees will be a winner.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

I have a greddy td06 in my garage somewhere buy it from me and run it at 3.0bar mate it will be fine on an emanage blue

3 bar are you serious, i don't think you can even flow more air through the head than 1.5bar.

On another note a TD06 will be more or less unusable on a 1.5 5efte, let alone the 1.3 4efte, you will literally have about 500rpm of usable boost power, i.e revving to near the limiter to get on boost, then when you change gear you will be back off boost and no power.

If you want big power avoid TD05/06 they are laggy as hell, take a look at the vf series or hybrid td04 etc.

Edited by Taggy

3 bar are you serious, i don't think you can even flow more air through the head than 1.5bar.

On another note a TD06 will be more or less unusable on a 1.5 5efte, let alone the 1.3 4efte, you will literally have about 500rpm of usable boost power, i.e revving to near the limiter to get on boost, then when you change gear you will be back off boost and no power.

If you want big power avoid TD05/06 they are laggy as hell, take a look at the vf series or hybrid td04 etc.

lol well said... the boy is clearly your typical 18 year old whos just bought a glanza and knows he haw!