TD06 conversion and few other bits

Td06 on a plug and play ecu is rather risky, they were designed for ct9/td04 usage.

Plus I will be surprised if the jam ecu will be able to make the nessercery adjustments to spool such a big turbo

Edited by Azz

try a larger td04 or go td05 or vf first, if you like the lag grab the td06 but theres not been many to ever run one and those who have were running high spec engines to make the most out of the turbo, 1bar on a 06 will be well out of its efficiency zone, same with a td05 but I have had a td05 on 1bar and it was very fun...

If your set on it, try it man… It's cool to be different, and would be interesting as amjad pointed out.

the reason everybody goes td04 is because it works superbly well all round on a small starlet engine.a td06 is so overkill u wont have any usable rev range and it makes for a slow car.

a car that makes good power through the rev range is quicker and much more fun than a car thats high powered but for a short part of the revs.

Hybrid TD04 quicker spool, more power!

If you forge it your love it

No really, I'm running tuning developments billet hybrid td04 and spool wasn't any different really, or power but would love to forge it :(

No really, I'm running tuning developments billet hybrid td04 and spool wasn't any different really, or power but would love to forge it :(

Really!? I was considering this, but if theres no real show in benifit i may as well not!

For the money of a TD04 hybrid, £400+, you could pick up a meaty VF and have a stack of change.

This is true, don't get me wrong when it spools it spools but I've never felt a 'normal' td04 compared to my hybrid

A normal TD04 spool is decent, i was getting 1 Bar @ 3400rpm. Took a bit of messing about with an AVCR to get there. Also some fairly short IC pipes and heatwrapped exhaust mani right down to the backbox, dont know if the heatwrap did anything because i fitted it all at the same time lol.

Thats why i can never understand when people say TD04s are laggy haha, set em up right and they are really responsive.

What kinda figures do you get from the hybrid Azz ?