fuel consumption

ok the v is drinking the stuff at the mo, and fuel prices have obviously gone up, i was just wondering what mods people have had done and how many miles they get to a full tank?

mods:

0.8bar boost

decat

2 1/4" exhaust system

bov

standard intake

run on super with octane booster 180-220 miles to a full tank.

this is asked weekly rich, and im not even a regular poster anymore. use the search and it'll tell you everything you need to know, been discussed many times.

to put things in perspective though, my 200sx does about 280miles to a tank, although, a tank is about £65 :(

Cat back exhaust

miles per gallon.........not very many... miles per tank not that many either, but by god it's fun! :(

You have a pretty strange motor thats for sure,i never used to see high miles from the GT either really,between 200-250ish.

Did you try a different ECU yet?

you see, theyre about the miles i was expecting from the v, but its never really done very well on fuel...

You have a pretty strange motor thats for sure,i never used to see high miles from the GT either really,between 200-250ish.

Did you try a different ECU yet?

well it doesnt stink of fuel out the back like it used to, (since fitting the decat) but its still quite thirsty considering the lack of modifications.

no, but i tried a 96 ecu before and it didnt seem to make alot of difference.

im gonna hve to get this thing rolling roaded, it just worries me so much now.

yeah, i know, but its my daily driver, and i do alot of miles!

i actually drive like a bit of a granny most of the time! my car is de- restricted to permanent hi boost, apparently the low boost doesnt drink any less tho!

Autofixed FMIC

Apexi Filter (Mounted behind the grill)

Road Runner Manifold

Blitz Decat

Custom straight through ss cat back exhaust

HKS Actuator

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

NGK Blue Leads

Walbro Fuel Pump

SARD RRFPR

SARD R2D2

Carbing Cooling Panel

TRD Reservoir Covers

GReddy Emanage Blue

GReddy profec E-01 @15psi

Yet still 250 miles to a tank (just as the light comes on) on v-power. :)

:) Rich mate you need to go Turbo Diesel!lol On one of my trips to Canterbury I averaged 60mpg and got 450+ miles to a tank. I've don't my fast nice car thing but my corsa an't slow left a Zetec S in a cloud of Diesel smoke! lol. My advice get a Diesel for a little run around. :D
i might take it to the place where jamie (red corsa in the photoshoot section) took his and see what i get.

if i cant find a problem i'll take it to mr burwash!

where was that if you dont mind me asking :):D

Rob