Has anyone tried Toyo R-1Rs or Hankook V12 EVO?

I remember Mad Mike saying he rated the R1Rs. Has anyone else tried them? Found them for a ridiculously cheap price of £50 each :o

That's enough to make me consider buying another pair of wheels and running these exclusively on track!

Also found Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 which have quite a few good reviews online for sub £40 each on Camskill.Has anybody tried these either?

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Girlfriend has the hankook v12 Evo on her SiR Civic, been through two sets in four years and we think that their an excellent tire.

Yup I have the hankooks, Awesome tyres for the price, seems to handle 280bhp well enough in the dry and the wet!

How many miles you guys reckon I could get out of them? And do they have a soft or stiff sidewall?

R1Rs are beast but don't last long :(

How long would you say? Was considering buying a pair for track only

How many miles you guys reckon I could get out of them? And do they have a soft or stiff sidewall?

How long would you say? Was considering buying a pair for track only

Trackdays will smash them lol. I only used them on the road probly got 2000-3000 miles . Only thing I would say is don't run high tyre pressure 20-25 psi front 28-32 psi rear (cold) otherwise they belly and shred the centre tred .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've a set off alloys Lenzos rs5 with toyo proxies tr1 on them 90% thread

D9069C0D-8347-4CE1-A284-034EAFA90D9B.jpg

and imo looked great on black

null_zps8c4a642e.jpg

null_zpsddf7e867.jpg

letting these go for 250 pounds including postage?

Imo I think there great tyre. I had Bridgestone on the car for 3 months and near wire left to hard off a compound and the toyo my second set in two years as you can see plenty off thread left. Grip very well I have to say and warmed up ie tracked use be very good as I heard but never tracked them