Do you think it would fuck my engine if I don't change the pistons?

Done stage 1 stage 2 with gt28 so not mapped it yet or put it on rolling road

What do you guys think I should do change to a td04 or keep gt28r and take it slow till I got my money for my pistons

I have got a spare engine sat on my floor for a rebuild while I'm running around with the stock one?

do some research on things before just sticking parts on your starlet, chances are it will go bang it is a pretty big turbo for a stock engine to handle, your fueling will be out aswell

no point rebuilding an engine waiting on one to go bang, just a waste of an engine imo

there is no set power output for these turbos so many variations come into play engine,map,injectors,boost,exhaust,inlet,intercooler,controllers, ecu just to name a few mate do some reading and forget asking people to save you reading

sick of seeing these sorts of posts on this forum

with out trying to sound rude either do a pile of research or just call up race-tech/tuning developments tell them How much power you want and give them your bank card because you seem clueless.

A gt28 is just stupid on a stock engine. your going on about will 1.5mm oversized pistons solving the problem but the size of the pistons has nothing todo with what turbo your running. For a gt28 you really want a fully forged engine not bigger pistons so your realistically talking 2k for engine then fitting it and misc costs for running in and what not then a mappable ecu and mapping. So your gonna be 3k down before you know it. Take sometime browse all the tech sections and work out what you want and your budget. This whole stage 1,2,3 stuff is just daft when it comes to actualy explaining what's been done or your trying todo. Because everyone man.dog and tuning company had different ideas on mods make what stages.

I hate all that stage 1,2,3 dubby/vauxhall talk people seem to think ahh wack a bigger turbo on...isn't always the answer, it's how the car gets to the power, you can get out ran by a smaller turbo pending the set up like said above the ct9/ hybrid or td04 is the better set up to go for on stock engine

Edited by Gainzy