k reg(1992) M.O.T cat or not?

i have been looking on the net to try and find out if 1992 and older needs a cat still for MOT

there are a lot of people that say 'no you dont'

but there are some that say yu need them?

is there any info on this anywhere?

The answer is NO you don't need a cat because...

1: it's a pre 93

2: there is no uk equivalent of GTs or glanzas so a cat is not needed

3 a emissions test is actually not required with the mot of our cars but are done anyway to check emissions

A very good friend of mine is a mot tester and I had the same questions when I got mine back on the road last summer :)

3 a emissions test is actually not required with the mot of our cars but are done anyway to check emissions

A very good friend of mine is a mot tester and I had the same questions when I got mine back on the road last summer :)

So my glanza doesn't need a cat for mot??

That isn't true mate, over here if it has been produced before a certain date it is exepmt, after that date then it is tested unless you can prove that the engine is from a car that was produced before the date the the cat laws came in, I've had this argument and lost lol

That isn't true mate, over here if it has been produced before a certain date it is exepmt, after that date then it is tested unless you can prove that the engine is from a car that was produced before the date the the cat laws came in, I've had this argument and lost lol

Unfortunately from what I have been told by my tester it doesn't mater if its an import or not it all depends on date of manufacture

Yep, date of registration is the all important bit.

Hmmmm I've always been told and we have always tested like I said im almost sure that vosa dont care if it has the UK equivalent, look on the vts device im sure it states that after a caertain dat it has to have a cat and if its supposed to be there and isn't it can fail for not having one even if it passes emissions

Hmmmm I've always been told and we have always tested like I said im almost sure that vosa dont care if it has the UK equivalent, look on the vts device im sure it states that after a caertain dat it has to have a cat and if its supposed to be there and isn't it can fail for not having one even if it passes emissions

My impression is that this is true, but the date for imports is later than the date for UK models

That is correct mate, if it should have one it needs to be visable. That's if the tester looks.