Anyone into Moto X Or Pit Bikes, or Motorbikes in General?

Thanks for all the info lads.

I went to a bike shop this weekend to have a look at a few, and I reccon I'm gonna go for a pit bike to begin with.

Mainly because of the size and convience really.As much as I'd love to start off on a 125 moto x, I havent got a van, or small trailer to transport the bike to and from tracks in.

Plus, I only want a fun bike which I can get about on at weekends etc. So I'm thinking to start off on a pit, learn the basics, then get a moto x at a later date, if I end up liking the sport.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it all comes down to how you ride it...motocross bikes and supermotos are weapons but if you take it steady to start like anything else you will be fine..my dads had numerous KTM's and husqvarnas and they are hell of a lot of fun! SUPERMOTO FROM ME! you will not regret it !

Have a cr250 great crack when it starts but is as temperamental as a woman only starts when it wants to lol

You have a problem then sir ! My 150 was a bastard to start then wee found out there was something up with it, can't remember exactly what but it was something in the engine! A well maintained, healthy 4banger will always start hot or cold

You have a problem then sir ! My 150 was a bastard to start then wee found out there was something up with it, can't remember exactly what but it was something in the engine! A well maintained, healthy 4banger will always start hot or cold

It's a cr 2 stroke not crf 4 stroke. The engine has been built already

I think it depends what your going to use the bike for

If you just gunna rag it round a field with a few of you mates or whatever then a cheap pit bike is the one for you you will probly get a full day out of it before you need to replace all the bolts its rattled out lol

If your wanting to go to proper moto x tracks then get yourself a decent 125

I have ridden both and a proper 125 is a completely different animal!

But in my opinion fun for money has gotta be in the pitbike theyre unreliable as people mentioned no one can deny that but they dont develop major problems that cost money just annoying ones lol

Besides the money you can get a half decent pit for these days if it does develop summit major it doesnt matter lol just buy another

If you are looking for a bike for the road you can ride on a cbt but also want to go ride offroad I would say the bike you need is either a DT or a KDX or KMX but don't be confused about these homo's selling Chinese imports as there Shite

• 4 months later...

Thread resurrection!

There is literally Nooo where locally to ride a pit bike. So doing my cbt makes more sense. I've been doing a lot of research since my last post, and I 'd really like a sm.

What dyou guys think of an aprilia mx 125 to start on?

Where about are you from mate??

Ive recently got into the motocross and there is a few local tracks, more than I thought to be honest!

If you go on TotalMX track locator you can see what kind of tracks are local to you and what bikes they accept to ride. Some have little pit bike tracks which are a right laugh!

Just checking TotalMX and the track locator is down at the minute, sure it will be back up soon!

Hey mate, I'm in Manchester.

I know of cown Leisure in Rochdale (Think thats what its called), but transport is another issue mate.

I don't have a van or trailer to get to and from a track, so swaying more towards an sm.

Cowm is more of an enduro track, has a super endurp course too, really good tbh but would go if your a learner, some really big hills and obstacles!!

If you ever get chance next year, go to the Fast Eddie SuperEnduro event that's held there, really good to watch and some top riders enter, David Knight, Graham Jarvis, Jonny Walker.

If you want to spend some decent money on a bike my mate has a KTM EXCF 250 Sixdays for sale, 2013, and road registered, think its just over £5K tho!!

Bussey, I have a KTM SXF250, four stroke and its mint to start hot or cold, the newer models 2011 and on are fuel injected making starting when hot a breeze!! :D

Bussey, I have a KTM SXF250, four stroke and its mint to start hot or cold, the newer models 2011 and on are fuel injected making starting when hot a breeze!! :D

Yeah I've owned a few mate, there all the same haha, you probably have the ktm electric 'tart start' on though :D

No matter what 4 stroke it is, it's alway going to be a nightmare to start when it's hot,

Rm 125, can't go wrong, the best 125's hands down.

cannot agree with the rm125 part... there's not a lot in it with any bikes they all use similar technology. KTMs come with a more adjustable and sensitive suspension system magura hydraulic clutch etc and a few nice bits like mine has powder coated excels frame gaurds renthal bars etc as per standard

You dont need a van or trailer to get about OP

I use a dave cooper bike rack a lot of the time for my bike makes things so simple and quick

Edited by TurboTobz

cannot agree with the rm125 part... there's not a lot in it with any bikes they all use similar technology. KTMs come with a more adjustable and sensitive suspension system magura hydraulic clutch etc and a few nice bits like mine has powder coated excels frame gaurds renthal bars etc as per standard

You could not ask for a bike that is more problem prone, and the newer ones are even worse! Just because it has all these different brands of parts on it dosent mean it's a better bike.

Not shore why ktm is being slated here? Never spent a penny on mine, never let me down, never broke and just kept goin, a decent bike will last any time if it's had a good history, if it's a 2 stroke that has been given hell it's whole life with no love it's gonna be trouble, I went four stroke a few months ago my kxf250 road legal

IMG_20140602_181232.jpg

and been perfect till last race when valve shims decided they need changing so now left it sat in garage ready for the repair,

Any mx bike can either last ages or go bang it's the nature of the game

You could not ask for a bike that is more problem prone, and the newer ones are even worse! Just because it has all these different brands of parts on it dosent mean it's a better bike.

at which point did I say say KTM was better... it has creature comforts. Factory riders seem to do well on KTms (and other bikes for that matter) which proves my point.

I've had a yamaha 2xhondas 2xktms and a kawasaki

Which ones was 'better' simple answer none.

I prefer little bits about each bikes I have a KTM because I feel they're pretty bikes and I quiet like the extras you get.

Edited by TurboTobz

at which point did I say say KTM was better... it has creature comforts. Factory riders seem to do well on KTms (and other bikes for that matter) which proves my point.

I've had a yamaha 2xhondas 2xktms and a kawasaki

Which ones was 'better' simple answer none.

I prefer little bits about each bikes I have a KTM because I feel they're pretty bikes and I quiet like the extras you get.

Yeah I know what you mean, not a lot in it, I think I and all my mates have just had really bad luck with ktm's. So that's just put me of them big time.

I remember when the first gen 350sxf's came out, my god! Nothing but problems! Same with the 150sx.

Edited by Bussey