Anyone into Moto X Or Pit Bikes, or Motorbikes in General?

shorty you bastard lol !!!! Old yes past it no lol....

Had a cr125 and 250 an rm250 a zxr400 an rg250 a kr1s and an rg500... alongside many more.

I still own a jawa framed jap500 4 stroke laydown grass track bike that is buried at the back of my dads garage.. if my back allowed I would still ride :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know what you mean, not a lot in it, I think I and all my mates have just had really bad luck with ktm's. So that's just put me of them big time.

I remember when the first gen 350sxf's came out, my god! Nothing but problems! Same with the 150sx.

150s had issues with jetting, people would then adjust them and cause problems as they didn't know what they were doing.

Other than that the 150s are very good as they are pretty much a 144sx which have had any common issues sorted.

07 144sx's first year of release were particularly problematic which is understandable, pistons liked to pick up on the exhaust port and cause some damage

I can agree on the KTM 350SXF's, my mate had one and just recently traded it on for a 14 350sxf, nothing but problems with the injectors.

Touch wood I haven't had one problem with my 2011 250SXF, although I know its been well looked after all its life :)

I couldn't ever go for any of these efi or electric starts... nothing but hassle.

My mate has a 350, stator plate came loose on a jump and he broke t4 t5 and sternum along with other bits... he's riding it again though I don't think he's had any other bother from it mind.

Ive not had one problem with my efi 250, its kickstart only as its the musquin edition although I don't mind, like you say electric start is only another thing to go wrong and can imagine a new starter wont be cheap when it goes.

Got my bike ready last night for a day at finningley tomorrow, cant wait!! haha

Does anyone know where I can buy a lighting kit etc from to make a 125 moto x road legal? Has anyone done this before....how easy is it to do?

Yea mines been done, it's not cheap, you need a lighting coil kit for that exact bike which is normally over £200 plus full loom, switches, lights, another thing that I can't remember what it's called, but you can't just put lights on a mx bike with out the lighting coil for shore

Edited by Glanza-Ben

Just get a dt125 it will be quick, it will go on for ever, and can be used for mx or road or lanes, a 125 mx bike on the road will need a piston and rings every week else.

My 4 stroke kxf is already being stripped as compressions gone as aint ment for the road all the time and now I'm looking for a road goin enduro bike so it don't wear as much as a mx bike

See what ya you mean. I've been talking a lot to another member about this, and they suggested the DT for mega reliability....but as I won't be commuting on the bike....only bringing it out on dry weekends, thought an mx maybe a better option...if I could be bothered with the piston and rings up keep.

I'll check out the DT again though 8)

Did you use your kxf daily?

Edited by Djaniero

It's not just piston and rings on a mx the engines need rebuilding after x amount aswell, the dt is the best option or if you have around 2k a ktm exc125 there a road legal enduro ktm that last longer then a mx bike

My kxf was just a week end bike that I did lanes on and a few roads to.get to.the lanes

Edited by Glanza-Ben