how long do starlet turbo clutch last ??

ok I will take that onboard mate.

I think I saw that somebody had a stock clutch with around 200 bhp mark for around a year or so and still ok and not slipping etc

but I am with you colin.duno how long its gonna last.

reason I ask is I am putting in an a brand new exedy one on friday.

its really hard to tell mike new 1 will last a bit longer its not really the bhp but the torque that makes them slip

i had a oem clutch slip at 0.8bar on td04 dunno what bhp figures it was, was on a p&p en afr was good on my wideband so had no need for roler session back then

Edited by 5e colin

my clutch had been going for nearly 4years now god knows what mr japman put in mine cant be stock though right ?

could well be. I've ran a stock clutch on a td05 it never slipped at all. Luck of the draw I guess...
  • 1 month later...

so my brand new exedy clutch is slipping already ,im pretty sure.lol

waste of time that was.

the thing I noticed, was the new clutch felt softer when I first tested it so the springs clearly werent as strong as before.

what a mistake to make.so now I am gonna fit a paddle

Think it was Zeldoz that made a similar thread to this, he got some pretty good advice and went for a paddle :)

Anything other than standard power and OEM clutches are very hit and miss, save doing the job twice and 'mod ahead' :)

yeah i should have thought about getting something overly manly for the job.

wasted 100 quid now,bollocks

You'll be wasting more on an Exedy 3 PUK if you use the car daily. They are horrible for daily driving.

I know they are a little rough to use daily but I got used to it within a week .

and It never slipped with 230 bhp.

that and I aint paying 300-400 quid on a clutch ,Its just to much.

the exedy 3 puk worked wicked for me before so I will go back to that.such good value I think for a paddle.

do u do any paddles for the 250 ish quid mark iddy ??

We have the Competition 6 PUK sprung kits which are hands down the best kit for a balance of being able to cope with 300bhp and not make you hate your car. :)

They retail at £350 but are worth every penny. We've sold them for many cars, not just Starlets and we've heard nothing but good feedback.