Well cut a long story short I drove this car for 5 miles after buying it and it shit itself.

Plans are to sort it out and make it nice again

6417557E-B32E-4F1E-A32C-B4D27C1E52AF.jpg

710BEF7B-2F35-4815-AE7B-C397002923E7.jpg

K26 Turbo kit, Wheels, impreza seats and exhaust will be up for sale.

Edited by jayep91
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom and top end both have knocks. The car has been worked on by monkeys. Going to pick up a new engine tomorrow and hoping to have it back up and running by Sunday

fucking hell both top end and bottom knocking like a whores knees

top and bottom ends .. as you said mate monkeys workin on it

i thought the previous owner was doin good work on it bit i obvisualy got that wrong ha

hope it all goes good for you .. atleast you have a swanky turbo to put on the new engine when it comes

fucking hell both top end and bottom knocking like a whores knees

Haha yeh mate sounds proper

top and bottom ends .. as you said mate monkeys workin on it

i thought the previous owner was doin good work on it bit i obvisualy got that wrong ha

hope it all goes good for you .. atleast you have a swanky turbo to put on the new engine when it comes

Yeh it looks good from the pics in the build thread. But seeing it in the flesh is another storey.

The turbo kit will be up for sale to try and recover some money.

If I ever run into the kid that sold me this car at any shows god help him!!

Yep no management the cam lobes all have chips on them, boost pipes have electrical tape on most of the joins, the waste gate wasn't plumed in correctly.

The kid obviously had no idea how to put cars together so I'm just gonna rip it all out and start again

@liam D if I remember correctly you work for a turbo company?? I might sen you the turbo to have a look at before I sell it if that's cool??

thats shit man, dealt with lee a few times and thought he was sound :( Good your not gonna restore it. I was looking to buy the seats before lee sold the whole car so may be interested if the price is near to his!

[quote name="jayep91" post="976755" timestamp="

@liam D if I remember correctly you work for a turbo company?? I might sen you the turbo to have a look at before I sell it if that's cool??

Yeah cool mate, only thing though to inspect it properly it'll have to be dismantled. And once it's dismantled it'll have to be rebuilt so it's upto you.

Ah really I didn't know that. It's doesn't have any play and doesn't smoke. It was just for piece of mind really but there's no point pulling apart a good turbo. Cheers for the info dude

Yeah if it's good and hasn't had any problems I wouldn't bother bro, it's only just under £200 for a full warranted rebuild anyway so if you did want it doing than it's no bother. But wouldn't waste your money/time if you're getting rid anyway.

Update

After a trip up to see Abbott on Friday night I returned home with a 4efte. Abbott is a top guy to deal with.

So I fitted the engine with the stock ct9 and now the car runs sweet as a nut! Gonna tidy a few more bits up on the car then put it up for sale