wicked power for sure with a td06 but usuable power ? prob 1000 rpms worth.

you need USABLE power ideally mate and while its hugely impressive and i take my hat of to them especially sir burwash himself god rest his soul,i think dave especially did it just to see what he could squeeze out of starlet engines as a credit to just how well bilt they are etc.

i even worry that my td04 isnt gonna be usable on a track compared to a ct9.

but i guess everybody has different power requirements and wants.

A useable powerband is what its all about...

All well and good strapping a hugh turbo to these cars... but if it spools at 5000rpm.... It'll not be much fun on a country road...

A decent td05/gt28 turbo can be made to spool similar to a td04 giving you a much wider powerband making a much more useable and fun street car!

yeah i think td04 tops is what i would ever use.

its bad enough lag on a td04 compared to ct9

a car with linear power is alot quicker round a track than a car with a huge turbo with poor spool rate

and yeah there are turbos out there with same spool as td04 but bigger ,most with ball bearing but they are more than the usual £60-80 we spend on td04s !!!!

Edited by mikey4410

i would imagine a td06 on a 5e would spool like a td05 on a 4e

This is what was tickling my brain?

Cheers for all the comments though lads, wanted to try and stay journal bearing, purely for the reliability I've heard about ball bearing turbos :)

looking at the power graphs on the leaderboard a TD06 is a pile of wank, it doesnt even get going until 5500RPM!! and thats on a 5e on a 4e i dont even think it would be usable, on paper it looks impressive because you do get peak power for about 1000 of usable RPM, but are you really going to drive your car everywhere doing 6000RPM just to get on boost lol

looking at the power graphs on the leaderboard a TD06 is a pile of wank, it doesnt even get going until 5500RPM!! and thats on a 5e on a 4e i dont even think it would be usable, on paper it looks impressive because you do get peak power for about 1000 of usable RPM, but are you really going to drive your car everywhere doing 6000RPM just to get on boost lol

Cheers for clearing that up mate, didn't think to look at the graph. Like everyone's said I think it's going to be horrendously un-useable haha

this is what i am getting at ....USABLE POWER.

as i said dave @ tm wanted to see just what he could get out of these engines and he did a great job.

if i could be bothered to run an external wastegate and a jam ecu i would probably run a ct9 hybrid tbh as the powers superb all the way through and would suit track and fast road very well.

lag sucks balls and not all of us wanna spend thousands of management when these cars can be perfectly fun and drivable with ct9s and maybe hybrids/tdo4s ad standard ecu

Edited by mikey4410

Can get really good usable power with a well set up TD04 kit. I was getting 1bar @ about 3.4K RPM. AVCR and short IC pipes are which helped the most.

Best thing with a TD flange kit is if you get bored you can just whip it off and fire a decent VF on there as its the same fitment obviously.