have i got fuel cut ?

I will be driving fine on normal roads soon as i go on the motorway and hit 80kph the car will bang and just jerk really aggressive aswel and then the engine management light will come on. I been told of a few people it will be a fuel cut. But it never use to do it till i put a new ct9 turbo on it ?

I not got a boost gauge well i have but haven't got it in yet. Yea kept the same actuator of the old turbo. When we fitted new turbo we realized it was different to the old turbo. The new one had a lip on the end and the old one didn't but they both ct9 think it to do with that ?

Ill get sole.pictures up this afternoon for you too see. I need to get my gauge in just need to fond a stand thing to sit it on or something. My dad had a thing which you plug in and pass wite through window so you can drive it and test pressure and everything and when we did it it was boosting at about 0.6

but ill try get the gauge in soon as possible so can see what jt actually boosting

• 1 month later...

This sounds similar to what I'm having at the minute, fine boosting through 1st/2nd then change into 3rd and it starts juddering on boost then cuts out about 5000rpm and I get a loud pop/bang when I come off the throttle, I'm on standard ct9 with an adjustable actuator, boosting at .6 but as I get through the gears I've had .8, obviously wondering what it is but I'm also concerned whether it'll be causing anymore damage? When I bought my car my precat lambda was cut and a couple of friends of mine thought it could maybe be down to that, I have another waiting to go on but I was wondering if it could be fuel cut instead?

I had this before now we all know fcd's are not the way to go but my fcd was set to 12 at the time, set it to 8 with a sard fpr also went to dyno to have it set up right, make sure fueling was safe etc and everything was good 👍 had it set up to a safe 0.8 bar

Edited by patman

the answer to your problem is given in the fist reply on this thread... your engine management light came on indicating a problem... we can all guess till the cows come home but the answer lies in the stored code in the ECU... do the diagnostic test and that will tell you why the engine management light came on.. yep its that simple... not ruling out fuel cut but the symptoms dont add up to be a fuel cut... you mentioned it happens at 80kph.. fuel cut can happen in any gear at any speed and in any rev... this is why i think its something else.......

do a diagnostic test... i suspect code 52, knock sensor.. but who knows till you do the test

diagnostics_zps779db124.jpg

Sounds like fuel cut, had the same problem on mine when I first got it and it was standard (besides hks air filter). Would only happen on really cold mornings (3-4:00am) and it turned out to be the actuator was knackered. Spring wasnt holding pressure. Got a hks actuator and all was fine