Im trying to lower my glanza on its bc's that have done very little miles but one is seized solid, I've been spraying wd40 on it for two weeks and tried load's to move it but won't go, it's not destroyed the ring adjuster teeth and bent the adjuster spanners they came with

Any one have a clue how to free it up

try wind it up a bit then down a bit to try lossen it until it moves up then go over all the threads with a wire brush really scrub them till there clean then smear some copper grease or Vaseline if ya haven't the copper grease try then to lower the ring even get a piece of timber to tap the adjuster ring in one of the grooves the timber will give before the ring does better than bashing it with a flat head screw driver

try wind it up a bit then down a bit to try lossen it until it moves up then go over all the threads with a wire brush really scrub them till there clean then smear some copper grease or Vaseline if ya haven't the copper grease try then to lower the ring even get a piece of timber to tap the adjuster ring in one of the grooves the timber will give before the ring does better than bashing it with a flat head screw driver

Tried all that lol it won't move and the ring ripped apart from the spanner then the spanner gave up :/

Brute force get the guns out :D

The guns have been out and ran out of ammo :0

You will struggle to unsieze bc coilovers. The lower mounting part particularly on the front is tighter than a ducks arse under water.

I had the shock absorber tube in a vice with soft jaws and a 7ft scaffolding bar on the end of a F spanner to try and undo the fronts. it didn't end well.

Also DO NOT USE HEAT! You will ruin the seals inside the shock absorber.

Also BC coilovers are steel bodied shock and steel mounting.

DSC_0171_zps8b63d199.jpg

This is what I did on my panhard rod. It was the most seized of seized! Tried heat, held in a proper pipe grip but could tell it would damage the threads continuing this way. What I did was get sum clay and built a bowl just under the thread. Filled it with thread release or Wd40 or similar obvs thread release will work best. The reason I didnt just sit it in thread release is because it may have damaged the bushes, much like it would do with coilovers. Plus you only need to spray in a little bit to fill it.Left it for 2 days and come off a piece of cake! Honestly I was shocked. Once its loosened cover it completely if copper grease, doesnt look pretty but who sees the thread of your coilovers anyway!

Dan

Edited by Haresign

Diesel is good to soak in i did it with some i sold, and the person i bought mine off did it. Other technique ive seen is using electricty. Link the positive to a spare metal rod, drop that in water with baking soda then attach the negative to the coilover and dunk that too