im after some advice for a few things I've got planned in the future. id be looking at running some sort of garrett gtx maybe...looking for 400 brake, was wondering what sort of options i would have by possibly making a hybrid to reduce spool time but still give me the power i want. are there any other turbos out there besides garrett that would do the job better?

I'd try the lads at zisco I've got a cheeky turbo set up built by them rated for 400+bhp. If your wanting numbers like that might aswell goto the lads setting world records for fastest starlets

Down to personal preference realy I have a drag strip a lot closer to home than I do a track. And going for a day out on the quater mile generally is a lot cheaper than a day at the track. Also going fast everywhere! Is a lovely notion but I live in a wee town not a fast and the furious set so the local police prob would have something to say about spooling up my gt25 as I cruise though the 20 mile an hour town center

I wouldn't spend the extra money on a GTX over a GT series, it's been proven that they spool the same and the billet wheel of the GTX doesn't decrease spool time and generally provides circa 10% more flow up top.,

A GT28 of somesort would be ideal, no bigger in trim size than the 71 size or you end up with a lot of lag and not much more power. It will touch you close to 400bhp.

Or something custom like this http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/69854-brand-new-450bhp-custom-garrett-gt28-turbo-kit-new-pics/?hl=garrett

Or if you want then best then this http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borgwarner-efr/borgwarner-efr-6258-turbo.html But goodluck trying to find someone who will make a manifold for a reasonable price lol.

the turbo kit im going for will give me 350 brake just now as it is. the car will be getting used around the track and backroads no matter what set up im using, although i did state i was looking for a turbo with minimum lag. cheers for your input lads, adamb that turbo looks ideal....surely wouldnt be too hard to get wepr or zisco to make up a mani for me. also im putting my gt to that power for a wee while just so i can push the boundries a bit, most would say its pointless and i would almost agree, but then how many people can say they have pumped 400 brake through a 1.3

400hp, front wheel drive.. you lot make me laugh.

Fit a GT25 and go fast everywhere, not just in a straight line.

hows about have a big turbo and big balls and still go fast everywhere ;)

the turbo kit im going for will give me 350 brake just now as it is. the car will be getting used around the track and backroads no matter what set up im using, although i did state i was looking for a turbo with minimum lag. cheers for your input lads, adamb that turbo looks ideal....surely wouldnt be too hard to get wepr or zisco to make up a mani for me. also im putting my gt to that power for a wee while just so i can push the boundries a bit, most would say its pointless and i would almost agree, but then how many people can say they have pumped 400 brake through a 1.3

You would need to sent them the turbo mate because its longer than the usual Garrett turbo's by 3 inches, even though it uses the same T25 flange as the likes of GT28/GT30 etc it shifts the downpipe positioning . Race-Tech wanted over £1000 for a mani and downpipe combo when I was going to get one, that's why I said reasonable haha. If your interested I could potentially hook you up with an idea that I was going to do but would need a bit of fabrication work to get it to fit :thumbsup:

It's alright having 400bhp and isn't hard to do, it's just that its not practical to do so, there's no replacement for displacement. The 2 main problems I found with the 4E was that the engine is too small and the compression ratio is too low .Ideally it would have been better with a minimum of a 1.5 L engine size and 9.5:1 compression ratio. My opinion of course.

There is only 1 turbo kit out there that I know of that spools like a TD04L yet manages 400bhp at the same time...

and that's this one:

http://www.race-tech.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_45&products_id=81

imo for a similar price wepr do the same sort of kit only top mounted as standard im sure and tbh looks alot better

Is that actually proven yet though ?

Next Week All Being Well ;)

imo for a similar price wepr do the same sort of kit only top mounted as standard im sure and tbh looks alot better

Ive seen them both with my own eyes. Inside and Out.

I know what I'd purchase...

Undoubtedly the wepr kit, sachas bits are covered by lifetime guarantee shows his confidence in his work. Have a brand new topmount kit here from him it's very well made, excellent quality! His customer service was above any I have ever experienced and tailored for my ever need!

Undoubtedly the wepr kit, sachas bits are covered by lifetime guarantee shows his confidence in his work. Have a brand new topmount kit here from him it's very well made, excellent quality! His customer service was above any I have ever experienced and tailored for my ever need!

I have NO issue with WEPR stuff Tobz... Its excellent... I certainly don't have an issue with his customer service either as I hear its outstanding...

Have u got a pic of the inside of the collector on your kit?

Just out of interest...

I have NO issue with WEPR stuff Tobz... Its excellent... I certainly don't have an issue with his customer service either as I hear its outstanding...

Have u got a pic of the inside of the collector on your kit?

Just out of interest...

I wasn't meaning to make it sound as though you do have any issues my apologies, been up since ungodly oclock and it's taking it's toll lol.

I haven't but I can get some and show you if you'd like!

I wasn't meaning to make it sound as though you do have any issues my apologies, been up since ungodly oclock and it's taking it's toll lol.

I haven't but I can get some and show you if you'd like!

Id love to if you could buddy!

Leme no!

That's fine mate. :)

Like Adam has basically covered id go with a re-worked GT(x)2871, imo you could get very close on a 2860 with a decent compression engine, built head and a competent ecu & mapper.

cheers for the input boys. if u feel like sharing adam drop me a pm, my engine has wossner pistons and a 1.2mm head gasket, head has been skimmed but comp will still be low. dont want to fork out on another build. if i did it would be a 5e anyway.

400hp, front wheel drive.. you lot make me laugh.

Fit a GT25 and go fast everywhere, not just in a straight line.

That's the wonderful thing...

My car will hopefully make 400bhp at 2bar of boost next week. All being well...

However, I can run at lower boost or even gate pressure...

Making the car driveable by even a fwd noob if needs be!

Can adjust and run more or less boost for different conditions, surfaces, tyres and tracks/strips :)

What I find a bit crazy...

Is when people fit a huge turbo, that's literally bigger then the engine... It spools at 6500rpm and makes the car a straight liner only...

but of course this is just my opinion!

Is just want people do, everyone will doing something different think how boring the world would be if not

I know, I myself have tried a lot of stuff that hasn't worked too good...

Its all about being different and unique...

Just my opinion of course :)