anyone used a different 5th gear

Im awaiting a price for the different 5th, you need the one that matches the final drive or you will shag the rear diff. As soon as i have a price and confirmed its the right part and part number ill update ;) worse case we think it can be changed with the box in by removing the rear box plate so not a massive job to swap out. But all tbc as of yet.

^^^^ ya there really simple to swap just rip of the cover and with a puller they come off easy

the 5th driven and drive gear froM the yaris should fit other c5# boxes NOT C1## but a bit pricey for 2 cogs 300+ euros

im looking in to this my selve with the c53 and ec65 box

Edited by 5e colin

As far as a know nobody has changed the 5th gear in a 4paw box. It would certainly be a good mod but all we need is the correct info :)

Ive not looked into it at all myself just because my build isnt at that stage yet but i dont like the idea of topping out at 135 :/

Grants getting me a price on the part numbers I've given him. After that i will confirm one last time against the info i have and then order the parts if its viable and go from there. Ill keep this updated for you all.

Gary@gbr had all the info on it. And is a fully trained Toyota tech with a load of c series gearbox recons under his belt. Prob worth asking him he's not on here much but quite regular on Facebook

Gary@gbr had all the info on it. And is a fully trained Toyota tech with a load of c series gearbox recons under his belt. Prob worth asking him he's not on here much but quite regular on Facebook

I phoned him up a while ago when i first got the 85, he said him an Geo did all the research behind it but never actually did anything with the 5th gear. He said he dis strip a 4paw box but only to change syncros. Think it could have been on the swat bus but am not 100% sure.

A 5th gear change should be easy on these boxes with the correct puller :)

I want to change the 1st gear but because its right at the front of the box i cant be fucked stripping it all down lol.

I did pm him a good while back for part numbers and prices and never heard back :( I've got the info now just need the prices and to fit it and see what happens. Turbo grants a mechanic too and if you have seen his build thread you have seen he knows what hes up too ;) if you could get the part numbers off gary though to pop in here id be greatful shaun :)

Aye Id give my left nut to have the fabrication skills of grant ha! I'll drop him a message next time he's online. Am sure he's just had a baby so dunno if gearbox talk will be high on his prioritys with a new born :p

Lol grant takes balls in exchange for intense lessons so your in luck :D and cheers dude, i understand its probably very low on his list to be fair if hes just had a little one. I dont do the book of face so appreciate it if you can.

I did pm him a good while back for part numbers and prices and never heard back :( I've got the info now just need the prices and to fit it and see what happens. Turbo grants a mechanic too and if you have seen his build

thread you have seen he knows what hes up too ;) if you

could get the part numbers off gary though to pop in here id be greatful shaun :)

what part numbers we after shorty I have a computer program somewhere with part numbers and blown up pics of the complete toyota range

I did speak to toyota yesterday the bloke wasnt the most helpful and didnt have a clue

you can get them of toyo diy type in yaris d4d

so the 5th from the yaris d4d 5th will fit the shaft of the 85 box?

thats available from toyota for £150 and will take 3 days to arrive if so

had a quick chat with gary he doesnt have exact details as it was so long ago and hes a tad busy now. but hes saying it was the 5th gear out a diesel yaris gearbox. and the hrf ep82 had done the same change.

Yep defo it would be good to bring the revs down at motorway speeds but would be good to know a theoretical top speed aswell.

Whats the box code for a 95 ?

Been looking at some stats on a Jap car website and as far as i can make out 95s have a different final drive of - 4.058

Dont know how true it is though am sure there are better ways of finding out haha.

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/catalog/TOYOTA__STARLET/

so the 5th from the yaris d4d 5th will fit the shaft of the 85 box?

thats available from toyota for £150 and will take 3 days to arrive if so

no not on a 4 paw box sorry thought you where on about a fwd box it should fit on other c5# boxes and not on c1## boxes i am going to try it in a few months on a gt box