Relocating battery to boot

Just wondering how people have ran there cables I've got some 0gauge wire here that should do the job am thinking under the car is best option but is there any good route to run it under the car?. Also what fuse have you fitted?

Cheers shaun

I've ran the power down the passengers side. Under the sill cover and through the quarter panel, under the boot slam panel. Out the plastic light/jack access panel.

Haven't fused it as I didn't think about it at the time.

I've also bridged extea Earths along the drivers side as I had problems with it starting

Aye I was thinking about the earthing being a pain. Mine can be a pain in the tits to start from time to time anyway and not sure why so possibly try run the 0gauge earth to a discrete location and split it into a few lines and fire them to all corners. Did u get a battery tray? Am temped just to use the battery ties from the front.

Yeah it was ok for a while then started playing up.

Not sure what size my main power cable is, it's about 12mm dia, classed as 25mm maybe? I've used that as the main earth from rear strut bolt and for the + supply from the front.

Just used 8mm earth wire jumping in any decent places I could find. Block to chassis in bay then to drivers footwell to rear quarter to strut tower to battery. Never had a problem since

And yeah I got a tray from eBay is quite big. Could easily get an optima battery and 1/4 the size of it all haha

Edited by morgey

I bought the cables ages ago with the intention to put it in 4paw so just trying to make use of the parts I have with out spending much cash ha. I'd quite like a race battery but between all the gauges and a sub I'd be to scared to drain it ha.

If you need a good small cheap battery then go for a type 54 (i think, will need to double check mine) it has the small jap terminals and comes standard in new Hyundai I10 so its capable of running a starlet with ease.

Get em from motor factors for 30 odd quid.

I did that with the GT haha thats where i got the idea of the Hyundai I10 battery lol. Condemned a battery that wasnt actually that faulty and got a nice new one from Hyundai that somehow found its way into the GT.

Couldnt pull the same trick twice so had to buy the motor factor equivalent this time round lol.

I have Odyssey 680 race battery in a boot, Nice small size and high current output, but it's only 17Ah, so you can't leave electronics on for a long time. cables running under the sill cover and next to/under the rear seats to the boot. Earth point is currently on the back sheet, but it's not the best one. Starter can pull quite many amps, so fuse should be large(I'm not using one, yet :p)

25mm double insulated cable, mega fuse holder, 200a mega fuse, ring crimps for 25mm, through crimp/connector box for old->cable. dry cell battery and some sort of clamp for battery. As morgey said down the sill then up into the rear panels and out the light bulb access point

• 3 weeks later...