Jack car up and take the wheel off. Use a breaker bar to remove the centre nut on the driveshaft, you'll need a 30mm socket(will have to remove the pin first'. Then undo the two bolts holding hub to strut and should be able to lever the driveshaft out by pulling the hub away. Then use a crowbar or or similar to tap the shaft out the gearbox. When the shaft is off you can buy a kit with a cone that allows you to but a boot on without removing cv joints. Then repeat

jack it up remove wheels and drive shafts its pretty much self explained when you look at the car from the underside once the wheels are off.

its the stuff like do i need to remove the hubs fully to work on the driveshafts or just undoing the struts good enough? Just trying to gauge how much time im going to need on the car as i dont have that much time lol

Jack car up and take the wheel off. Use a breaker bar to remove the centre nut on the driveshaft, you'll need a 30mm socket(will have to remove the pin first'. Then undo the two bolts holding hub to strut and should be able to lever the driveshaft out by pulling the hub away. Then use a crowbar or or similar to tap the shaft out the gearbox. When the shaft is off you can buy a kit with a cone that allows you to but a boot on without removing cv joints. Then repeat

thats what i was looking for cheers mate

I undone the 3 bolts on the balljoint that attaches the hub to wishbone, much simpler than taking strut off etc , and you can change the inner one without taking it fully out of the box so you don't lose fluid, but when you put it on shaft you will have to get underneath to put clip on the boot as a bit of the shaft will still be in the box,(easier than taking the box shaft bits out, pretty simple but the outer cv joints are a nightmare to split from the shaft to put new boot on

I found it much easier to just undo the 19mm bolts on the strut and twist the hub. You don't have to take the strut off or anything. Much easier to take the whole thing out, then use a cv boot tool to get the boot over the shaft without taking the whole thing apart.

Get stretchy CV boots for the outer ones to save you stripping down the CV joint. Theae are the ones where you get a cone to put the new one one. You cut the old ones off.

If youve never done em before you'll at least need an hour a side.

My only tip so far is that you need a deep 30mm to get the hub nuts off.

I tried to change a CV joint last weekend but my standard 30mm wouldn't reach.

Agreed, i had to buy a deep one from halfords. Also in my case it required a big breaker bar and alot of effort

If you are stripping the CV joints down to change the boots (non stretchy boots) then you will need some decent C clip pliers. You may also need to put the driveshaft in a vice and knock the CV off with a hammer.

Thats why i always get stretchy boots because its a lot less hassle.