Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gearbox dead, wishbones bent, fuel leaking from underneath, passenger foot well warped, rear beam not in line anymore, and a big hit down N/S.

0B1C12B1-9DEE-4935-9468-B81CBC090BD2.jpg

46CA4CE8-519E-49E7-892E-97B00CDA691E.png

The scene, bare in mind this road is dead straight. You can see where I've avoided the oncoming car and it's all gone wrong.

6E1DBF98-64FB-45C0-A2E0-27900FDB4039.jpg

Insurance should be paying out to have the car fixed/that side resprayed :)

Aww man that's savage ! Carbon fenders look in tack which is a bonus :)

James

That's the only plus here haha :)

Totally messed up matey, feel for ya , after all the work you've put into her too. Here's hope for a speedy recovery for you and the car.

All the best 👍

Cheers mate :)

Speedy recovery & then reshelling wishes from Jamaica bro :thumbsup:

Thanks bro

Car fixed? id of thought its totalled?

you not re shelling?

Insurance reckon it can be fixed, new door and some work on the rear quarter panel, minor bends can be pulled out with the jig. Then just a new box + some love underneath and she 'should' be sorted

Rear beam looks out of line from the quarter panel being pushed in, wishbones are easily replaced.

Fingers crossed she looks good as new after, mostly annoyed about the livesports lip being smashed into bits.

Edited by Bussey

Insurance reckon it can be fixed, new door and some work on the rear quarter panel, minor bends can be pulled out with the jig. Then just a new box + some love underneath and she 'should' be sorted

Rear beam looks out of line from the quarter panel being pushed in, wishbones are easily replaced.

Fingers crossed she looks good as new after, mostly annoyed about the livesports lip being smashed into bits.

To be brutally honest bud, i didn't like the livesports lip! Looked like a snow plow!

So sorry too hear about this hope your recovering well.when your ready to put car back together I've got the rear beams complete and wishbones too all freshly powder coated black..reshell the car it will never be the same.theres a couple local forsale

Would honestly of thought that was a write off ! I'm assuming adrain flux have become more helpful since the crash ?

James

Not really but I've had about 3 hours worth of arguements with them now so I'm getting somewhere

So sorry too hear about this hope your recovering well.when your ready to put car back together I've got the rear beams complete and wishbones too all freshly powder coated black..reshell the car it will never be the same.theres a couple local forsale

Cheers mate :)

Insurance want to fix her, had a few very clued up mates take a look and they think it's repairable, fingers crossed

• 1 month later...

Been no updates as to what is happening for a while. Really haven't been in the mood to do anything with the car since the smash up a few weeks ago, lots going on at home and all that malarkey.

In the end after a long battle with the insurance company, they agreed to a contract repair (they pay me what the damage is worth and I sort it out myself), whole process was beyond stressful. But glad it's sorted.

Earlier last week I made a deal with mike Edlin on his mega caged out 1ao rolling shell. Perfect timing for me, so there's kind of a silver lining to all this :) will be picking it up in the coming weeks.

D7F3D91D-DCD2-4B5F-9BF8-E8D25924C52E.jpg

8E3A3382-A722-4219-A925-EF3C34321020.jpg

But yeah to summarise, happy my baby is back on track, can't wait to get this shell picked up. In the meantime as the car isn't written off I've been having little drives with some proffesinally fixed DIY bodywork when I feel I need perking up.

FF60B4EC-5E4F-4837-B162-E65046D6A73A.jpg

Updates soon.

This is gonna be crazy!

Hopefully mate! Was going to go snet tomorrow with some pals but thankfully my mate is still using his ticket now. Which is good, more money saved and less high quality pictures of a dented glanza understeering :lol: