Law on front mounted intercoolers?

Here's the scenario..

You crash, either by hitting someone, or them hitting you. Your insurance assesses your car and finds it is modified. You didn't tell them, they void your insurance. You will need to pay for the repairs on your car, and any third party bill.

Not too bad, a bumper for the car you hit, not particularly expensive. Then the occupants of the car you just bought a bumper for all claim whip lash, that money will then come from your own pocket.

The answer is to find a modification friendly insurer, it is not to drive an uninsured car.

I read before the police aren't allowed to go into detail with your insurer. The contract you have with them is between you and the insurer. Cant see it being true but if it is would mean the police cant find out what you have declared and haven't.

I read before the police aren't allowed to go into detail with your insurer. The contract you have with them is between you and the insurer. Cant see it being true but if it is would mean the police cant find out what you have declared and haven't.

I don't think it's a police issue (unless it's stupidly obvious that something shouldn't be on the car and it's unsafe), more of a 'if you crash' issue and your car get assessed and insurance looked into.

Triple the price is ridiculous, try sky insurance on here as said above, they'll beat whatever quote you currently have anyway

Edited by Jamie5414

I don't think it's a police issue (unless it's stupidly obvious that something shouldn't be on the car and it's unsafe), more of a 'if you crash' issue and your car get assessed and insurance looked into.

Triple the price is ridiculous, try sky insurance on here as said above, they'll beat whatever quote you currently have anyway

Yeh i agree as said above!! But the OP asked what the police are like with FMICs.

I hope there alright with screamer pipes haha :D so just say I have declared all of my mods but I have a decat, if that decat was not declared my insurance should be automatically void yes...but if I tell them about it they can't insure me anyways as it's an illegal modification ie not fit for road use, it depends on the officer I suppose some may not be as arsy as others.

Edited by Gainzy

Police can only check if you are insured, they cannot check details of your insurance, but if your pulled by vosa on a stop check they can do you then and there for no insurance. Its always a good idea too be insured on all your mods

My friend got his insurance cancelled by a copper as he rang his insurance and told them it was modified and not his nans daily car haha

Hahaha! Quality , a lot of young boys down here go on their mams or Nans name and pretend their Chaved up corsa slammed on the floor is their mothers car ! Lol

To be honest if their parent's actually own the car (on Registration document) and they are the policy holder too, I don't see how they (police) can say it isn't their grans/mums car.

Although a 80 year old gran doesn't drive a chavved up corsa, who are the police to judge?

To be honest if their parent's actually own the car (on Registration document) and they are the policy holder too, I don't see how they (police) can say it isn't their grans/mums car.

Although a 80 year old gran doesn't drive a chavved up corsa, who are the police to judge?

I THINK that they class the policy holder technically as the person who uses the car the most. So if offspring of 80 year old bint aka 17 year old mc badboi G is driving the car 51% of the time he SHOULD in theory be insuring it as his own. I maybe wrong, but as to what your saying yeah I can't see how it can be accurately judged.