Insurance claim help

Unfortunately someone ran into the back of me yesterday at a roundabout. Leaving me needing new bumper and work on interior boot panel.

I was just wondering if I have any right to have my car sorted at a garage of my choosing? Or do I have to go with whatever the insurance recommends?

Cheers

Unfortunately someone ran into the back of me yesterday at a roundabout. Leaving me needing new bumper and work on interior boot panel.

I was just wondering if I have any right to have my car sorted at a garage of my choosing? Or do I have to go with whatever the insurance recommends?

Cheers

If the floor pan is bent in the boot then chances are it will be wrote off, but some insurance company's will let you take it to a place as long as they do insurance work

I'm in a similar position, someone ran in to the back of mine resulting in the wheel well crushed in. The engineer who assessed it valued the repair at £2400 and the car at £3500 so he said they are likely to have it repaired however if I phone my solicitor and ask for a cash settlement they will take the VAT off the £2400 and send me £2000 to have it repaired myself. This is what I will try to do then reshell the car as I don't fancy keeping it.

Unfortunately someone ran into the back of me yesterday at a roundabout. Leaving me needing new bumper and work on interior boot panel. I was just wondering if I have any right to have my car sorted at a garage of my choosing? Or do I have to go with whatever the insurance recommends?Cheers

As Morgey said really if the boots bent inside they will more than likely write it off just due to the age and value of the car.

Is the person that ran into you offering to front the money to fix it rather than go through insurance ?

Yeah I've reported it mate. Originally he wanted to pay for damage but the quote was more than he expected and claimed I was trying to rob him! Because we apparently 'barley touched' and his Volvo doesn't have a scratch. Obviously it's a Volvo I may aswell have been in a collision with a tank! So his insurance are taken full liability so will have to wait to see what they say extent of damage is once they investigate.

Just got in tonight and thought I'd check boot over again. There is actually a burst part in the panel behind bumper so water is getting in. And the tailgate also needs a bit of force to close now. Total nightmare.

• 4 weeks later...

An update on this for you guys. Glanza went to a local

Coach works to be assessed and they advised the insurance that it was a total loss and not being economical to fix compared to value of car blah blah blah. The insurances engineer has then confirmed this so I have got the car back and I am able to keep it, I'm just now waiting to see what kind of cheeky pay out they are going to give me.

I'm in two minds what to do. Wether to get it fixed or wether to see if anyone would take whole car off my hands obviously at a reduced price due to it being cat c or d. I know breaking the car I would see more money but I don't really have the time for that.

Anyone have any ideas?

happened to me in january mate still waiting on my sodding settlement!

get a courtesy car from them straight away and it will speed up their process because they wont want to keep paying for your car

They told me I'm not entitled to a courtesy car due to car being classed as a drive able total loss.

They have said I get to keep the car and get a pay out from the third parties insurance

Right update this morning. The payout they are gonna give is £650 and £25 deduction for me to keep the car. Pretty gutted. Argued that it was worth more but they won't budge an inch. All this cause someone doesn't know how roundabouts work.

If the payout was to match the value entered at first then there wouldn't of been an issue with repairer it. It's just not fair that you can get crashed into and it cost u more than it does the person in the wrong.

I'm getting a boy to check out damage and see how much it would be to get fixed. Might take it off the road until it's all sorted just get a run about for time being.