TD04's are as laggy as fuck on a standard engine, ask anyone, I've been in 5-6 different set ups and none of them got 1 bar before 4,000 rpm.

ONLY reason I went CT9 hybrid was because of the lag that TD04's have, YES the bang off a TD04 is insane and it's crazy, but no power from idle til 4,000 rpm and having 3,000 rpm of power isn't ideal for me anyway.

Edited by jackkelly

TD04's are as laggy as fuck on a standard engine, ask anyone, I've been in 5-6 different set ups and none of them got 1 bar before 4,000 rpm.

ONLY reason I went CT9 hybrid was because of the lag that TD04's have, YES the bang off a TD04 is insane and it's crazy, but no power from idle til 4,000 rpm and having 3,000 rpm of power isn't ideal for me anyway.

Exactly mate, dont get me wrong i would love the power of a td04 anyday, but acceleration wise... a ct9 is much better

Edited by scottieboi94

Here is a video of me drag racing a 5E semi forged 260 bhp mapped TD04 glanza running 1.1 bar boost on rally slick tyres against me in my hybrid CT9 .95 bar boost, jam ECU on road tyres.

Both have good clutch and LSD.

Black Glanza is mine running the hybrid.

th_trim6034FBD7-D5EA-45B6-AB17-B0576079F

Here is a video of me drag racing a 5E semi forged 260 bhp mapped TD04 glanza running 1.1 bar boost on rally slick tyres against me in my hybrid CT9 .95 bar boost, jam ECU on road tyres.

Both have good clutch and LSD.

Black Glanza is mine running the hybrid.

what time did you do in the 1/4 mile?

if you want quick spool then k24 is a great suggestion. another would be a gt20. we use them in our gt-fs kits..good for 2.0bar and 260hp... 1bar @ 3200rpm on a 4e. if you want really mental spool then add in a 5e :)

How much would a k24 be and what power would it give out? So its a bigger turbo and quicker spool then?

Sure the k24 is off the audi or they have the same...if your staying internal a 1 bar boost should keep you good the TD04 is over rated on stock set up imo as from the vid from above, you will have just as much fun with the tongs

Edited by Gainzy

Sure the k24 is off the audi or they have the same...if your staying internal a 1 bar boost should keep you good the TD04 is over rated on stock set up imo as from the vid from above, you will have just as much fun with the tongs

Have you heard anything good about the speedvision gen 2?

sard is the one I have! audi s2 is another one witch runs a k24 and blitz also do a k24!

Run a td04 for ages now and I am fed up off the power being 4k plus which it is for fact.

hybrid is so mucb more usable and I like the car much better.

would rather have a stock ct9 at a bar than a td04 .

U need to be able to have a fun usable car .a td04 is designed for a 2.0 litre +

Edited by mikey4410

At the end of the day it depends on most peoples budget. The cost of a hybrid compared to a td04 etc can be ten times as much!! Is the hybrid really ten times better?

In my opinion 0-160kph hybrid is better

140-200+ kph TD04 is better, personal preference is all!

Also if you're planning on going forged 4e or forged 5e a td04 will be better in the long run!

But standard engine i prefer hybrid.

Edited by jackkelly

At the end of the day it depends on most peoples budget. The cost of a hybrid compared to a td04 etc can be ten times as much!! Is the hybrid really ten times better?

True for the turbo it's self, it depends on how you do it though the cheapest way would be to buy a converter for your ct9 manifold to fit the td04!

But really, even with a hybrid you want to buy some sort of ct9 setup, upgraded manifold etc. With the second hand prices of td04 setups a £300 + hybrid seems a bit pointless. Well setup ct9 and a good map or a well setup td04/tf035, in my opinion makes a hybrid obsolete in terms of money

Have you heard anything good about the speedvision gen 2?

Would go for a tongs heard speedvisions are not as good suppose you could have it rebuilt with better parts..fensport do a rebuild kit

But really, even with a hybrid you want to buy some sort of ct9 setup, upgraded manifold etc. With the second hand prices of td04 setups a £300 + hybrid seems a bit pointless. Well setup ct9 and a good map or a well setup td04/tf035, in my opinion makes a hybrid obsolete in terms of money

For the price it makes alot sense to go for a bigger set ups but buying it all new it will be a different story, the hybrid will be a safer option for less engine wear and reliability..

In my opinion 0-160kph hybrid is better

140-200+ kph TD04 is better, personal preference is all!

Also if you're planning on going forged 4e or forged 5e a td04 will be better in the long run!

But standard engine i prefer hybrid.

TD04 great for top end but taking your 16 year old plus engine over 135mph is pretty risky! Planning on going forged td04 or the blitz k24 etc definately worth it, I always wanted to see a 5e with a CT12 combo you hear in Japan all the time they downgrade their big ass turbo's for smaller one's cause of the torque, yes you can have 400 hp but how fast can you get to it lol