Ive also been reading that some ct9 hybrids offer more high end bhp and lower end torque. I want a hybrid that will give me better acceleration and hold a boost longer than the one i have at the moment, my current one loses boost in last part of the rev range, not sure whether thats dwon the to the turbo or boost controller.

Edited by scottieboi94

Thats simlar to the speedvision turbos. Its just a basic hybrid using a better wheel and ported inlet and ported wastegate. The tongs where developed over quite some time and pulled like a train tbh all the way to redline! The tongs td12 was a ct12 housing with td04 internals which was there ultimate hybrid but tbh tongs turbos dont come up for sale much any more as enzo isnt around and he was the retailer for them.

Telling ya mate tongs all the way and a td04 on a stock engine will get raped by a tongs hybrid on a stock engin. Simlar power out put but quicker spool n more torque from the hybrid haha

Ive also been reading that some ct9 hybrids offer more high end bhp and lower end torque. I want a hybrid that will give me better acceleration and hold a boost longer than the one i have at the moment, my current one loses boost in last part of the rev range, not sure whether thats dwon the to the turbo or boost controller.

I went through a massive sleeples faze of what route to go down, here is my answer the best route to go is external wastegate it will hold boost much better all the way but the problem is for the price of all this you can go TD04 but then it's reliability and little less acceleration a well set up ct9 will at least keep up with TD04 I don't see the point in keeping the EBC if your staying internal wastegateonly if you plan on external WG TD04

Have a Tongs fitted to my car, although I've yet to drive it in anger. I almost sold it and went TF035, but in the end decided to give it a go. For what I need to use the turbo for, and the amount of power I need a hybrid ct9 makes the most sense, for now.

I need 145whp, that's it, I could probably get away with a standard CT9 for those figures, but I suspect it would run out of puff before the end of the rev range.

On a standard engine this is my opinion! Non forged anyway.

Hybrid is ideal for a 1/4 mile set up IMO?.. There's minimal wheel spin in 1st gear and plenty of poke to pull you through the revs 2nd 3rd and 4th.

I got 150 bhp and 184 torque at .6 bar boost! I'm now running 1.2 bar now and jesus christ it's a mental aggressive pull from 2,750 til 7,200.

I raced a Tongs hybrid, both of us at the same boost, rolling in second gear from 3,000rpm til 160 kph and it was identical, considering my gear changes were slightly quicker I pulled on him but there was no difference what so ever.

I got my full kit at a bargain, WEPR manifold, external wastegate, screamer pipe, speedvision gen2 hybrid turbo and WEPR downpipe.

I raced a 5E TD04 semi forged boosting 1.1 bar 1/4 mile and beat him by around 6 car lengths, I was only at .95 at the time.

Rolling at 40 mph in second gear a TD04 will pass you out mid way/the end of 4th gear but the rapid pull from 2,750 til the redline from the hybrid will outrun the TD04 because they lag down so much until 4,200 rpm.

That's my opinion anyway..

Edited by jackkelly

Have a shot or passenger ride in a well set up TD04 starlet and you'll change your mind on this monster lag that they have lol.

It'll never be as low spool time as a hybrid CT9 but it can still be good, ie, 1 bar @ 3.4K RPM