4efte from a GT stronger?

hey guys is it true that a GT engine and even a stock 5efe and 5efhe are all stronger than a glanza engine?

dunno if ive dreamt it or something lol but im sure i read a thread somewhere that said the GT internals on the

older 4efte are thicker and stronger that in the glanza as are the 5e internals.

im after a starlet for a bit of a toy maybe on a td04 at 1 bar but wna leave engine stock if possible dont really

wanna go through the whole money and process of forging again. so if im not imagining this, then a stock 5e

or a 4e from a GT seems a good choice.

so will someone in the know explain if this is right?

Someone can correct me if im wrong.

The rods from earlier gen '82's are thicker than the rods from later gen '82's and also thicker than the glanza rods. Looked into this as I was the same when putting a TD04 on mine.

Regarding standard internals, you should be fine if only going to 1 bar of boost on the "thinner" rods and up to 1.1-1.2bar on the thicker rods. Im currently running TD04 on a bar on a quad light (assuming the engine/internals weren't changed in japan before I got it) on standard internals and have been for about 2 1/2 years (as my daily). All comes down to the mapping. I will be getting new injectors (standards were maxing out) and getting a new map up to 1.1-1.2 bar and then if it goes bang ill go forged and up it to 1.4bar till I get bored n go for a bigger setup.

All depends on your future plans. If you want a bigger setup then i'd say just to go forged now.

Not sure of any info about 5e's tho sorry

I threw a rod in my GT but it was a 98 spec V engine i had in it.

Ive stripped down a MK3 GT engine (think it was the original engine but cant be sure) and that had thicker rods than the ones in the V engine.

This has being confirmed u will see it on tgtt, the are thicker an a stronger and i never heard of them throw its only glanza rods that do that.

True.

Seen both give, but at 1 bar td04 and a decent tune you wont have bother with either.

GT is thicker but seen them bend.

Glanza rods are thinner seen them broken

Seen both through the side of a block.

get a good tune and use whatever engine you can get cheapest.

Phil

Edited by Philm