Want opinions on gauges...

Yea they are lovely have all peak warning a pre sets aswell but like you say not cheap I would buy quality gauges tho don't by cheap they are never very accurate and don't last long either :)

Thanks guys! I didn't realise how expensive gauges were! Was defo looking to spend a lot less but obviously don't want to buy something that doesn't read accurately.

I don't understand how they can help your engine run safe? If it's been mapped and it is "safe", all the gauge is telling you is what you already know? If it's got a 1.0bar spring in the waste gate, it'll only go to 1.0bar on the boost gauge lol, what's the point for all that money? Maybe for other usefull gauges like oil temperature etc..but boost...pointless?

If you can afford these they're expensive but do more than most gauges.

Aem or plx wideband (check out the plx dm6 thats awesome)

Defi boost oil pressure oil temp

I'd start with them

I have that setup and they saved my engine changed the clutch and snapped the wire to the stat sensor so rad fan didn't come on defi gauge alerted me to temp rising above 95 and i was able to shut the car off. stock / cheap gauges would of fucked me over :(

I don't understand how they can help your engine run safe? If it's been mapped and it is "safe", all the gauge is telling you is what you already know? If it's got a 1.0bar spring in the waste gate, it'll only go to 1.0bar on the boost gauge lol, what's the point for all that money? Maybe for other usefull gauges like oil temperature etc..but boost...pointless?

They keep you running safe as most people use boost controllers or adjustable actuators so help you notice if your over boosting. wideband is to allow you to en sure fuelling is correct if an injector fails or isn't working properly then early indicators often prevent further damage

But if it hasn't been mapped or it's cold weather you can see if your overboosting etc you then know your boost isn't safe or if you have set up an adjustable actuator wrong you can then see if in needs another tweak, gauges are worth paying for one of the most important things imo but I get what your saying about the map etc

After spending all that money on my engine I would never be without the gauges! Oil pressure for example, if it loses pressure the gauge will flash up a warning and you can switch the car off quick enough in order to save it! Without a gauge you would never know and your engine in turn would be fucked.....boost gauges help with spikes etc....temp gauges help with the obvious.......

Jamie you need to account for failures and things.

fpr error/fault - wideband will alert you

Fuel pump cavitating under load again wideband will alert you

Oil pump goes oil pressure will alert you

Loss of oil pressure through a ruptured line oil pressure will alert you

Etc etc etc

Once the cars mapped it's not guarantee'd trouble free boosting

for oil pressure would you recomend a mechanical (run a oil pipe to the gauge) or electrical gauge (sensor in the block)

I used to have a mechanical gauge but changed it for an electrical one. Theres always the possibility of the pipe splitting or rubbing through and causing damage aswell as a mess whereas if a cable splits, its easily fixed.