RIP :'(lewis's silver NA; crumpled beer can

Damm. Main thing is your alrite. Is this the end of this little gem?

No it'll carry on :) just not as pretty anymore

I think I've either knocked the tracking out or bent a control arm so I need to take a look.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rear quarter is a bastard to do and costly.....if you can get it smoothed or just live with the ripples then I'd do that. Looking at £1000 minimum to get a new rear quarter.....I've done it!

You can have your quater repaired without it having ripples, just depends on the garage, if they use a block on all there repairs and prime it twice it will more than likely be okay, best bet is obv to replace the quater but like i say prices depend on where you take your car, my garage would charge say 80-150 for a standard bumper repair where as a garage around the corner from me are rip of cunts and charge between 400-500 for the same job lol

Edited by Rich-k

You'll just have to do the same on the other side now, even things out a bit :p

haha i want to get it out on track again so you'll never know :p

Rear quarter is a bastard to do and costly.....if you can get it smoothed or just live with the ripples then I'd do that. Looking at £1000 minimum to get a new rear quarter.....I've done it!

yeah can't be arsed to fix it. just want to get all the black marks off. its not really that precious of a car. only cost £400!

You can have your quater repaired without it having ripples, just depends on the garage, if they use a block on all there repairs and prime it twice it will more than likely be okay, best bet is obv to replace the quater but like i say prices depend on where you take your car, my garage would charge say 80-150 for a standard bumper repair where as a garage around the corner from me are rip of cunts and charge between 400-500 for the same job lol

tbh i don't think ill get it fixed. if i do ill do it myself skin it over with bog and maybe a diy respray haha

Ahh that's bad luck mate we wondered what had happened. Not to be cheeky but your tyres where prob a bit far gone for the track! Your fronts looked pretty much on the limit and back had slot more tread! Either way atleast yous were safe and got to drive home. i wouldn't bother with the quater panel just keep it as a wee track slag

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh that's bad luck mate we wondered what had happened. Not to be cheeky but your tyres where prob a bit far gone for the track! Your fronts looked pretty much on the limit and back had slot more tread! Either way atleast yous were safe and got to drive home. i wouldn't bother with the quater panel just keep it as a wee track slag

Haha the fronts were very grippy. Main problem was the difference in size.

Update!

Painted my wheels finally

Looks pretty good

7FEB02EF-4775-49D1-A1CD-C5ED5866FE79_zps

• 1 month later...

Guess it's update time

Since japfest it's Passed its MOT!! Somehow

I fitted a tow strap for extra race car points

And I'm gunna fit my rev counter today

Plan from here on is to get new shocks cus two of mine are leaking. I also wanna get some less tracktor tyres. Probably gunna get some t1rs

1E402EB2-F47F-4530-878C-8506FB519DD4_zps