White smoke from exhaust after fitting different turbo?

If its white smokes on start up & then lessens when engine is warm its condensation, but if white smoke is not present when u start the car, but gets worse as the engine warms up I'd say head gasket

It's only gives out thick white smoke when warm in idle from what I can see, I don't think it's head gasket as previous turbo ran absolutely fine and didn't give any white smoke. I was told after fitting and running the turbo that I should have primed it to stop the turbo being starved of oil but if glanzaJ is saying it water then I don't know :(

Ok just checked it over, from what it looks like to me as soon as I go from driving to idle it will give out white smoke for a bout 10-15 seconds and then it will go back to clear smoke

Edited by scottieboi94

should not smoke at all on idel when warm ,Does it smoke when warm whilst driving/ boosting? Frm what your saying dont think so, if it smokes on idel when warm I'd say early signes of head gasket but as its not that bad when your boosting u cnt see it, possible signes of water getting in

Sounds like my K1 when it shat itself.

I found high flow CT9 to be more fun anyway. I'd cut your losses and sell it on, think I managed to get £250 for mine broken. I do remember the dude who got it fixed saying it was more than just seals and needed a load of extra work.

Best thing to do like you said is put the old turbo on and see if it's any different because like you said it's a bit of coincidence that it's started smoking after a turbo change? ( or did you give it some beans after changing the turbo to see the difference and maybe cause head gasket failure :p !

I got mine reconditioned for £190 I reckon with a decent map these turbo's can show good potential, will sharp know in a couple month! :)

Edited by Gainzy

Best thing to do like you said is put the old turbo on and see if it's any different because like you said it's a bit of coincidence that it's started smoking after a turbo change? ( or did you give it some beans after changing the turbo to see the difference and maybe cause head gasket failure :p !

why would it cause head gasket failure after giving it beans when i used to give my old turbo the same treatment a lot of time :p

Did you prime tte turbo before use take king lead give it 5 starts off the key?

no i didnt prime it mate, that another reason i think it might be the turbo, kuz i could have blown the turbo seals, but its white smoke which is usually coolant, not blue which is oil :L

Yes mate you have to prime the turbo as there be no oil in the turbo so if put on and just start and drive there isn't enough oil to circulate the turbo starving it off oil causing turbo failure.

Edited by Rosso321

Well it seems like it's burning coolant/water, the waterway seals could be gone in turbo or what not ,

i was told there wasnt any water seals in a ct9?

Yes mate you have to prime the turbo as there be no oil in the turbo so if put on and just start and drive there isn't enough oil to circulate the turbo starving it off oil causing turbo failure.

i really don't understand why you have to prime a turbo because when you turn the car on oil goes straight to the turbo anyway :/