Turbo intake - mesh or air filter?

Wish a meshed setup...wont't the turbo be sucking in warm air from the bay opposed to cooler air with a front mounted filter? Unsure whether to go meshed or filter with my td04??

The turbo will heat the air anyway, that's the job of the intercooler to cool the air before it enters the engine

Wish a meshed setup...wont't the turbo be sucking in warm air from the bay opposed to cooler air with a front mounted filter?

Unsure whether to go meshed or filter with my td04??

I don't think it's worth the risk especially if you live near a beach or anything just takes one bit to ruin the turbo/engine least the filter can reach some cold air to the front

• 9 months later...

I never understood the risks of running meshed. It seemed like too little a gain. When I picked my car up it had no filter, no idea how long it was like that for. But I agree, LOUD AS FOOK!

I was going to concur on the cold air intake. Surely that cold air would get hot regardless and as people said, it's the job of the intercooler to cool it.

Siv's are for div's hahaha I'm sure if they were such a great idea HKS Blitz K&N Apexi would of stumbled across it before they invested their cash into their pointless filters.

Edited by Gainzy

I do ask myself well what about people that spend thousands on their velocity stacked supra with a £1500 Trust turbo.

I ran mesh... but i always had a conscience of that shit and dirt was always being sucked in