Meh ok driven a few in work, there are defo much better small cars for the money.

I heard they were doing an RS version but duno if that came about or not.

The wee Twingo 133 is far better to drive

• 3 weeks later...

There is a old fella round my way with a yellow s1 I think it is, wee tiny thing? he got it a few weeks ago, , only one in northern ireland atm apparently, tidy wee car but its definitely a marmite car.. I dunno what to think of it lol

There was and may still be a mad quattro version with 4wd and a bit of a power bump, but its a special have imported by the dealers job, and they're all lhd.

There was and may still be a mad quattro version with 4wd and a bit of a power bump, but its a special have imported by the dealers job, and they're all lhd.

The one im on about is a quattro 4wd yoke lol it was only in the dealership to gauge interest to see if they would sell and he ended up hagglimg them to sell it haha, its rhd though!

Edited by kavan-k

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a1/61540/audi-a1-quattro

this is the one i meant, the limited edition spec. i heard they were all lhd, must have been mistaken. there was a showoff spec 500bhp oneoff too, they had no intention of making it production though. new cars are a ripoff imo, and all the high performance cars from the 80s and 90s are chump change atm, and will go up in value pretty soon as they all start becoming classics. id find a mint example of something old and cool and hold onto it over an a1 or something similar.