Obd connector/adaptor

Anyone know where you get these from? Have a obd 2 scanner and need an adaptor from the scanner to the dianogics port under the bonnet? There's 17 holes, have a 1994 gt turbo

Thanks pat

ohh my god!! Colin you clever sod haha how the bloody hell did you find that I searched everywhere but obviously not enough by the looks of it, is there any reason why my scanner wouldn't read it? Got one of them £20 quid ones of eBay obd 2 scanner if that helps 👍 but thankyou so much will give this a go......you the man 👍😁

some scanners wont i know that but some cheap china 1s do if they able to clear code if its just a reader then i think not

here is a upto date link http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-22-Pin-to-16-Pin-Female-OBD-2-Cable-Auto-Connector-Adapter-for-Toyota/380663216801?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D23423%26meid%3D7726689702617868550%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D10050%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D171045374120&rt=nc

searching in jumper harnes conversion harnes thats how i found it on a drunk night surfing for parts ha ha

Hahaha mate would like to know what you find when your sober 😜 I'm gonna give it ago though mate as it's only cheap even though will take awhile to get but there's no harm in trying seing as you found it for me thanks mate much appericated 👍

I did actually see this mate but didn't take much notice due to thinking straight away it's a scam don't think it's actually in the uk either

i already got an reply tru email its 35 canadian dollars plus delivery im going to buy 1 on ly problem is i knead to get a way to get the download on pc/laptop

yes patman im going to buy it but havent got any android devices :( so it will be in storage till i get 1

for the time being i installed this program on the laptop ( free )

http://primavistalab.com/myengine/

and ordering these parts to make the loom/wire

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-Pin-Serial-DB9-RS232-Female-to-RJ45-Network-Female-Socket-Adapter-Connecter-/400633979505?pt=UK_Computing_Parallel_Serial_PS_2&hash=item5d47a56271

this resistor i dont know if its the right 1 ???????? research must be done by electro head and confirm :) so any 1 that can confirm please do "" 1.5-3.3 nf capasitor """"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ceramic-Disc-Capacitors-50V-47-values-10-1000pcs-/231179599601?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item35d360bef1

or a link to better 1 please paste :) :)

patman i have no credits to the stuff in my last post :(

nice 1 phill checked his vids out there :) very handy indeed just knead to order the resistor and i think i will knead a convertor to for obd to com ???

are they all the same ??

also i downloaded android for windows and it does NOT work pfff

Edited by 5e colin

think from what jay told me and what gryzor has been looking in to the time delay and warnings about det/knock are poor to the point of useless.

really unsure what the use of this bit of kit will be except for logging and viewing back afterwards.

Phil

I have one of the odb1 Bluetooth units on its way over from Canada.

My overall plan is to run a Android based double din head unit with the app so I can have some real-time display on the head unit, think it will look pretty awesome!

if it works as its suppose to i think it can be very useful for datalogs even with the 1.3 sec delay

you can even use it to help adjust tune by comparing before and after datalogs to see what effect changing the parameters had---just you have to be cautious, but then again tuning is generally a cautious activity

i'd suggest still using some detcans to monitor knock real time and maybe reference ignition timing from the delay feed to identify reference points

plus if you run a piggyback, to see ignition, temps, etc can be very useful