fuel pressure help

It runs fine it was toff's old regulator he got his fueling top notch with it so I trust it but yeah sard will be much better quality etc might just throw my stock one back on

Stock fuel pressure is 2.3bar and i really wouldn't trust gauge or regulator.

stock fuel regs are fine but in my opinion they do get tired so best bet is it to get a sard rising rate and a good electronic gauge maybe a prosport or stiri so you can monitor the pressure in the car. :thumbsup:

Edited by Gilly

I had the same problem with a cheap regulator that came with my car dude. Could adjust it to either end of the scale and needle didn't budge haha Smoking, idle was all over the place so i did away with it and the problem is solved. Got a SARD on the way, cant wait to get it up and running! :)

I had the same problem with a cheap regulator that came with my car dude. Could adjust it to either end of the scale and needle didn't budge haha Smoking, idle was all over the place so i did away with it and the problem is solved. Got a SARD on the way, cant wait to get it up and running! :)

Does the SARD come with all the fuel line's and fittings and where did you get it from I might just settle for a plug n play and go from there as they run off the stock fpr alot less hassle but I will see.

I fitted my sard reg yesterday and I'm running about the same pressure on a td04 at .8 bar. I'm not 100% how it's fueling tbh but pulls well and I have a bit of black smoke so not too worried. Will get it checked when I can lol.

Plug and play ECUs are not so plug and play as people make out... They are plug and play in the sense that they remove the speed limiter, raise the limiter a little, remove fuel cut etc. However with the map, as far as I'm aware it will have set parameters that are more aggressive but will not be a "map" for your set up... Even with a plug and play you should 100% still run a pressure regulator and have the fueling adjusted to get it as close as possible... In my opinion a "plug and play" ecu is about as good as the standard ecu with a pressure reg and a FCD and still a short cut method of running more power. Not to mention, it would be about the same cost to buy a emanage blue and have it mapped properly?

I ran a plug and play for a few months with all the supporting mods to run decant power on a ct9... It did pull 175bhp at .7 bar but the fueling wasn't right and in the end I broke a piston... After that I've ran 242bhp on td04 and emanage for a year with no problems at all.... Just my opinion and advice lol.

Plug and play ECUs are not so plug and play as people make out... They are plug and play in the sense that they remove the speed limiter, raise the limiter a little, remove fuel cut etc. However with the map, as far as I'm aware it will have set parameters that are more aggressive but will not be a "map" for your set up... Even with a plug and play you should 100% still run a pressure regulator and have the fueling adjusted to get it as close as possible... In my opinion a "plug and play" ecu is about as good as the standard ecu with a pressure reg and a FCD and still a short cut method of running more power. Not to mention, it would be about the same cost to buy a emanage blue and have it mapped properly?

I ran a plug and play for a few months with all the supporting mods to run decant power on a ct9... It did pull 175bhp at .7 bar but the fueling wasn't right and in the end I broke a piston... After that I've ran 242bhp on td04 and emanage for a year with no problems at all.... Just my opinion and advice lol.

I understand and respect what you are saying and I'm quite new to Starlets so have not tried any of the above options but I did not say I was not going to run a fpr. (I have a Sard item here)The plan is to take it to my local diagnostics centre(who I already know and they know my car well) and see how it goes after fitting. If it's running too rich or lean I will try to resolve by whatever means possible. If not it will be removed + my Gt is hardly ever on the road anyway so will be nothing new

As for the price I do not live near any of the tuners who work on Starlets daily. It would be a 8-10 hour round trip and again if anything was to go wrong after or due to mapping. It seems to be luck of the draw either way so I will have a go first and if I snap a piston I will let you know you were right :)

We all need to learn and start somewhere :)

James

Edited by JamesD89

I understand and respect what you are saying and I'm quite new to Starlets so have not tried any of the above options but I did not say I was not going to run a fpr. (I have a Sard item here)The plan is to take it to my local diagnostics centre(who I already know and they know my car well) and see how it goes after fitting. If it's running too rich or lean I will try to resolve by whatever means possible. If not it will be removed + my Gt is hardly ever on the road anyway so will be nothing new

As for the price I do not live near any of the tuners who work on Starlets daily. It would be a 8-10 hour round trip and again if anything was to go wrong after or due to mapping. It seems to be luck of the draw either way so I will have a go first and if I snap a piston I will let you know you were right :)

We all need to learn and start somewhere :)

James

Fair enough mate :). Regarding mapping though it doesn't need to be someone that works on starlets. I'm not clued up on mapping but I'm fairly sure that most programs map by changing number values in boxes on a grid along with the equipment to read the fuel ratio and monitor knock etc... So anyone that does mapping should be able to map the car in theory... If the engine does pop, the going rate for a new one seems to be about £400 at the moment. That said you always run the risk of breaking something when you run more power whether it's mapped properly or not... Hope it goes well :)

Does the SARD come with all the fuel line's and fittings and where did you get it from I might just settle for a plug n play and go from there as they run off the stock fpr alot less hassle but I will see.

I ordered mine from Racetech, if you give him a call he can sort you out with a complete fitting kit (including gauge and braided line) for a decent price. Mine was delivered today so will let you know what was included in the kit when i get home :)

Plug n plays are proven to give more power gains but it is abit luck of the draw on the other hand how can our favourite top tuners in Japan be wrong! I agree that plug n plays need to be checked out after fitting as with everything else. If your running a different turbo other than the ct9 I would say go to tuners and get a map but as above if anything goes wrong or you have to change something it's another trip to the tuners or at a worse towed back...plug n plays are dropping in price to under £400 in some case's. If I can achieve near 200hp that's my goal achieved but everyone's different. Plug n plays are more JDM Yo haha and if something major happens an emb for eg will be lucky to get £200 for, going to try the good old JAM plug n play as most of my V is Jammed up anyway if I can make 190 on good fueling ad be happy with that and have plenty of spare change for top notch tyre's and other bits I agree that the emb/emu are safe maps and all this td04 is great power but all this extra power takes the life span out the engine and with no lsd the over power for the fwd system will be death on corners lol

I ordered mine from Racetech, if you give him a call he can sort you out with a complete fitting kit (including gauge and braided line) for a decent price. Mine was delivered today so will let you know what was included in the kit when i get home :)

Cool how much you pay, wack some pics up :)