TOYOTA STARLET GLANZA V - EP91

Mph convertor should remove the speed limit by converting it to 180mph. Also why are you posting in track day section?

I relised after wrong section 😂 & i wouldnt say the converter will remove it mate.. Surly its down to ECU as its the brain of the car :S?

It effectively good as removes it, unless you are planning to do 180mph in a starlet

No im not lol.. but obvs i need different ecu thats mapped to exceed the 100/110mph limited.. its not that i wanna do stupid mph its that if the ecu removes the limit then the car will clearly lighten up alot quicker also

Well you've gone wrong somewhere with the fitting or something.

Gone wrong.. not a chance its not rocket science to fit a converter.. and the speedo works so its clearly on there right sooo not a clue! down to ECU!

Strange, something wrong some where.doesnt sound like a ecu issue though. Changing it to mph Should and always has ive seen before change the speed limit to 180mph. Pretty sure alot of people on here can confirm.

I'm guessing your using the gearbox speedo convertor rather than clock fascias? Silly question but you do get some special people here.

Anyways 70mph is plenty :p

Yes bud.. gearbox screw on job! yeah thats true like i said i dont wanna be doing stupid MPH its just i would like my car to be able to exceed 100MPH lol.. bit embarrising when all my other old GT's & even N/A ep91s they did off the clock..

Strange, something wrong some where.doesnt sound like a ecu issue though. Changing it to mph Should and always has ive seen before change the speed limit to 180mph. Pretty sure alot of people on here can confirm.

Not saying your wrong or having ago man, just i cant see if gearbox screw on job will make my car basically unlimited.. when the ECU is what controls the car and tell it what todo

You have not got red calipers

Spot on fella.

thats true.. BUT the converter just makes the needle spin alot slower.. nothing else more so :S

Adding a speedo converter changes the speed limit to 180mph instead of 180kph, effecively de-restricting the car. It'll do this with a standard ECU.

I had a totally standard Glanza with a mechanical speedo converter, and the limiter was gone. Nothing to do with being limited by the ECU unless it's aftermarket and has a speed limit cut or something built in.

Firstly did the car exceed 100mph before you put the speedo converter on? If it did that means there's something wrong with the speedo converter maybe the way you've out it on or maybe it's broken? Have you tried removing the converter and putting it back on to see if that helps?

Aamir

Firstly did the car exceed 100mph before you put the speedo converter on? If it did that means there's something wrong with the speedo converter maybe the way you've out it on or maybe it's broken? Have you tried removing the converter and putting it back on to see if that helps?

Aamir

The car has only done 160kmh, so i just converted and it is around 99.6 so yeah always done 100mph..

Just to confirm the converter does remove the speed cut. The ecu gets the signal from speedo which is ran by the converter or so am led to believe.

What's actually happening when you hit 100? Is it just not going anymore or is it juddering holding back?

Just to confirm the converter does remove the speed cut. The ecu gets the signal from speedo which is ran by the converter or so am led to believe.

What's actually happening when you hit 100? Is it just not going anymore or is it juddering holding back?

Just wont go anymore mate..

• 8 months later...