Have a emanage mapped to 1bar on a td04 with a 3bar map sensor, standard fpr and a walbro fuel pump. On idle the car runs rich, however when i give some throttle it leans out to 15. On boost it drops back down again. But crusing at 11.6. What could cause this? Was fine on standard ecU

Edited by Ollieh17
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. But toyota made one ecu with one map for all glanzas and people use plug and plays all the time. I have the same fuel,pump, boost controller and rrfpr that the guy before had and cant seeing it being that far out

yeah but worth getting it checked, i don't rate plug and plays for that reason.

just check the obvious stuff, set the TPS with a multimeter, set base timing up with a timing light etc and get the map checked. if it's not misfiring then i wouldn't panic like mad but it is a bit rich and you don't want bore wash lol just boost everywhere haha

Very true. But toyota made one ecu with one map for all glanzas and people use plug and plays all the time. I have the same fuel,pump, boost controller and rrfpr that the guy before had and cant seeing it being that far out

Fuzzy logic. Look it up

Tbh I went on a wild goose chase recently with u usually low and high wideband readings.

was showing 7 afr at WOT and idle was 18-19 afr

tried alsorts of stuff and after weeks of changing parts I looked past the thought of the wideband being at fault.

got a new unit and all was fine.

widebands do fail sometimes !!!!!!

Yeah thats way too rich on idle - basically when I'm setting up new ecu's I lean them right out for idle and cruise (unless its got crazy cams etc) - 15's are about right. You can muck with the ignition maps so the idle sits in a slight ignition map 'hole' and if the revs drop then add more timing to bring the revs back again.

Mike from td told me that the lambda sensor needs calibrating ever couple of weeks or so. Which involves taking the sensor out and leave it in fresh air for a couple of minutes obviously with ignition on

Wide band free air calibration - dependent on the controller your using there are a couple of different ways of doing it.

Edited by Stu