oh dear the starlets gone pop!!

just a quick update the starlet has gone bang doh!!!!! :) ;) looks like its piston rings and could be a crack in the head so need a new engine if anyone can help????and then once its back together is goin to be sold if anyone is interested in it heres a few pics for reference can get more if anyone wants some

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

@scutch i got an engine from a place up north for 230quid its got 17000miles on it so should be mint!!!as for how i did it yeah i did valve stem seals on it but didnt make any difference so obviousely wasnt them and can only be two things if its burnin oil valve stem seals or piston rings as for the cause it has been overfueling for a long time hence the flames!!! and found a faulty air temp sensor which was messing all the fuelling about and think washed the bores and killed the oil control rings so hopefully get the new lump in their and run it about for a bit and then sell it but @toymota i dont really want to sell bits off as is too much hassle but if i dont get a good enough price on it then i might sell bits off seperate will keep you all posted :) ;) B)B)

it has been overfueling for a long time hence the flames!!! and found a faulty air temp sensor which was messing all the fuelling about

which sensor was it that was playing up mate? mine is overfueling too, and its only doing about 190-200 miles to a full tank! i'd like to get it sorted if you can tell me more??

cheers mate, glad you got an engine sorted!!

Rich.