Shorty's Cruise Kitted Glanza

FML!!! well went to the mapper turns out the dastek I've got is a type C and we need the type A ;) so had to order the new unichipQ+ wich will be in tomorrow and go back prob thursday to map it, to throw more adventure in the mix just went and had the yoko A048 semi slicks fitted to the front to cheer myself up and my mate has pointed out my 11k mile old tein is leaking ;) so now have to hunt down a rebuilder for the tein with less than a week befor tracking her! fucking starlets lol still needs to be done so here we go, nothing like a stressfull dead line to fuck all the plans up haha

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus teins are garbage to be fair, they are in the budget end of things really where suspension is concerned. if you can find a pair, replace the shocks on that axle, will be cheaper than doing the whole set. im sure you could find a pair of cusco's or something floating about.

Yea may have a have to try and dig out a set of fronts, my mate has some old hr's laying about so we may strip them down and put the ha springs on and build them up for now tbh. Just a bit of a downer day. Gotta love cars lol

Right well, wednsesday day, me and a mate lnocked tye timing back a tooth just to fine tune it to the centere of the dizzy, to give the mapper plaenty off room to advance/retard as he saw fit. Gunned it all in to perfection, then off we went inside for tea and biscuits all proud and excited about thursdays mapping day.

3 hours i get in the car to go home and click nothing, shes dead, sounds like a flat battery, jump start it, wont start! So run a diognostic and get code 14 ignition system code! So drive to a mates round the corner and rob a few parts off his gt swap them over, still dead. So drive to jd modified and meet on of the lads there and whip some parts off jayep91's monster 5e glanza, get back at 11 at night bung the other bits on, nothing!!

Ecu was still showing code 14 so swapped all the parts back to my bits we had taken off, then began the great hunt for why we had no spark and an error code.

We worked till 4.30am slept till 6.30am sat in a daze and got back on it by 7am. We fixed it by 12.20 and jumped in and flew to the mappers. Still no wiser why it died or even wich thing we had done out of the many that actualy fixed it lol

Got to the mapper where the car made 180atw @1.4bar wich if im honest is utter shite!! The mapper said its being held back however its looking like it could be the poor constructin of my front exit or more likley the fact the hks evc was not correctly set when he began mapping!! Not his fualt as he asked if it was set up or did it need doing to wich i switched it on and turned the dial to 1.4 and told him that would do :lol: i completly forgot i had not reset the hks and set it up for the mapping (i had only had 2 hours sleep in 2days) so its mapped, and runs but feels like its stranggled when you boost. So will be at fest shud still be on track then will be off to he mapper again for us to start right back at the begining!! Cant complain about the mappers they where good as gold stayed late to map it, and did me a deal on the whole lot.

Spoken to a few guys clued up on my spec and we have all agreed we should be around the 320 mark so kind of bumed but after the last few days just happy its bloody running tbh. Remap will comence in the next few weeks!! Will get a new front exit madebup just to be sure it cant be that. And go in hunt of my 300+ power!

Im gonna be shattered at fest but atleast the damn thing made it there well should make it lol will find out tomorrow!

well done for getting it going at least dude, but 180 at 1.4 bar even at the wheels dont sound right at all but as you say it must be down to the settings on the hks, thats all it can be, the front exits usuall result in a slight lack of torque , but depending on how restrictive it is it could have a detremental effect on the way the engine operates giving you those low figures,

if your going to get it mapped next week then i would stick it down to a bar on the controller just so that its safe,

but bearing all in mind its driveable and thats progress !! RESTECPA :lol:

Cheers lads, had another chat with the mapper and he said hes certian its the exhuast, its a realy shitty bodged one tbh, i got for next to nothing off a mate. Its shcking though so im leaning towards this too. He said the hks evc will bring th boost in smoother when its set right but that the boost was still good and strong it just couldnt get it out once it had made it turning the turbo into a big compressor and backing up the air :lol:

Socks ill take you up on the hug, im 5' 3" so will be a lovley embracing snuggle. Lol love my starbo but by god they try you commitment some times dont they!

really hope you get it sorted mate cars were sent to this planet to test us am sure they were. wish i could of made japfest but broke mine last weekend huge huge oil leak out of cam belt side some were. so i have fell out with it for a month or so and i will get stuck back in. how is your turbo making its boost really late or half way on revs.

Was good to see this beast yesterday looks awsome!

Oh and when you first started it in the services I came, TWICE!! :) Proper slag sounding, I need a front exit in my life :(

Good to finally have a chat to you aswell mate :(

Hope you get the little issues sorted, shame we didnt get to see the beast go around the track aswell, didnt see any really impressive starlets out there really

lol i love the sound of it tbh dude front exit ftw! you get to hear all the loud pops n bangs right next to you when your slowing down, bit of a killer on a long drive mind :)

hope you get the power your looking for bud, my bro and his car (asbo gt) went throuh all the same hassles then made 340 bhp then the turbo gave up now hes upgrading the turbo again,

when you feel the accelartion from 300+ it will be well worth it trust me

you will love it, no problem im in no rush got nothing but time got another 2/3 months to wait on my forger pistons so it will be sitting about untill then, what clutch were you running with it ?

Ran an exeedy 3puk paddle then when that died after 7k miles i went to a cap 4puck paddle wich lasted 3k miles :) so went to the ORK for the 400+ rating they have. So shud last but the jun and exeedy was a great combo tbh.

issues where three boost leaks sparky all of wich the mapper should have seen tbh, going AEM ecu now on the ep85 when shes ready and getting jdmodifed to map her :D this will be one of the last posts im afraid. please see the breaking section to by a peice of the awesome v! ;)

• 3 weeks later...