Shorty's Cruise Kitted Glanza

Hey all. Heres a lil taster of whats going on.

heres the car as i found it on the net......

860328_2.jpg

so done some e-mails, parted with some money and here she is at the importing agents car park

1.jpg

and the back

2.jpg

here is the lil bit of damage to the bumper

12.jpg

and the wheels that ill be sellin when she gets here

9.jpg

and my forged 4efte pictured on pistonheads

215798-1.jpg

and engine spec is as follows:

JE forged pistons, 1.5mm oversize -75.5mm

Cunningham racing forged conrods

1.6mm copper head gasket with steel fire rings

Light weight, knife-edged and balanced crank

Super strong timing belt

JUN lightweight flywheel

TRD sports thermostat

Exedy paddle clutch

The head is of standard spec, fully rebuilt at same time as engine

Inlet manifold and Throttle body

All new bearings and seals, Spark plugs, PCD Valve and Distributor cap.

and now how it looks after cleaning and taking the cover of to be sprayed

DSC00109.jpg

and thats about it till i save some more money and till the boat arrives in late jan/feb.

will keep you all up to date.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers sparky. the guy who sold it to me had it mapped to run 325bhp so tryin to aim for around that kinda figure. just depends how much boot the td04 will take? will keep it all updated as an when. and i have to agree the second pic looks cool. lol.

well he was runnin the k26 i think he said and I've got the wrxsti td04 but needs sendin away to be played with by someone not to sure what i want done to it yet got a few ideas runnin round my head at the mo. been told it should max 1.7barish but not sure myself. lookin for big power though to rival my mates cars. i share a unit with an audi s2 and soon to be skyline powered 200sx. so not shy cars. lol.

I've allready got my eye on some tien coilovers and loads of whiteline goodies and fensport are gonna help me out on the braking side. thought about the td05 or a blitz set-up but like i said got loads of ideas and not realy settled on nethin for def yet. any input or advice is welcome though. want big power and not to much lag. not easy i no. lol

I have been in Dale's car when he had that engine in his car...to say it was "Mad" is an understatement, and I think he only had the K1 in at that point, or a K24, and he was having boost creep issues....but it was scary. My first and only ride (and viewing) of a Starlet GT

I have been in Dale's car when he had that engine in his car...to say it was "Mad" is an understatement, and I think he only had the K1 in at that point, or a K24, and he was having boost creep issues....but it was scary. My first and only ride (and viewing) of a Starlet GT

:D glad to hear it. dale was realy helpfull with his advice and just need to add a few more bits to the block to make it how i want. will def keep it updated. been looking into the ae111 gearbox from the corolla gr6. so watch this space!!!!

thanks for the comments guys.

@ nick p - i had to sell the silver one to get the new project. shame because i loved the silver one. kept the black rims for the new car :lol:

@ marcusep91 - started talkin to a few companys about the box just low on funds at the mo. but def want one.

got some fensport alloy pullys on the way too. should be here tomorow. just need alloy crank pully, uprated fuel rail, 550cc injectors, mani and external w/gate and the engine will be ready to go in when the car gets here. yea!

v-quick small update. but these arrived a few days ago.

DSCF0057640x480.jpg

fensport alloy powersteering and alternator pullys :p...............................just need the car to arrive and can start the real fun....why are boats so slow ;)

maybe?? worked in pompey just before xmas and had the silver one then also took it to triton motorsport and went on a few meets with some of the ujcc boys. shifty from that site is one of my mates (drives a silver scooby)

and your right i really cant wait for the new one to get here!!

• 3 weeks later...

ok just got an email and the car should be here around the 3rd of march!! kinda happy but a tad anoying because i was told should be here late jan/mid feb at the latest. but hey still cant wait. its like christmas again!!!! :unsure:

with regards to the Corolla gearbox...hope you know that all you'll be getting is closer gear ratios and a lower top speed right? I wanted to get it to improve economy on the motorway...but when I found out that at 70mph in 6th gear it's at pretty much the same revs as the C52, I decided against it :)