Shorty's Cruise Kitted Glanza

been ages since i posted on this so where to start, well she has been on the road for about two weeks, and is currently running at .8bar untill supporting mods for over 1bar are intorduced, i am very happy with the car. it has'nt been to a garage once during the rebuild and has all been done by me and a few mates :)

current spec is:

Engine

JE forged pistons, 1.5mm oversize -75.5mm

Cunningham racing forged conrods

1.6mm copper head gasket with steel fire rings

Fully rebuilt head

Light weight, knife-edged and balanced crank

power enterprise Super strong timing belt

Fensport alloy p/s pully

TRD sports thermostat

Ngk iradium plugs

Ngk ht leads

Forge BOV

FMIC

SPS clear cam belt cover

WEPR s/s decat

WEPR mild steel manifold

JDM Sport 38mm external wastegate

CT9/CT20 Hybrid Turbo

Fujitsubo full exhaust system

HKS FCD

Green cotton front mounted filter

Transmission

JUN lightweight flywheel

Exedy paddle clutch

Toyota LSD gearbox

Tc short shifter kit

Chassis

Tein ha coilovers with Tein top mounts

Toyota front and rear strut braces

20mm hubcentric spacers

16â? Lenso rs5â??s

Toyo proxie T1R's

Interior

Mc monster house carbon dial pod surround

Mc monster house carbon centre console

Momo steering wheel

Richbrook gear stick

HKS EVC4 boost controller

Hud rev/speed unit

boost gauge

oil pressure gauge

toy tuning double pillar pod

Exterior

Cruise +20mm fenders

Cruise light weight frp bonnet

Areo Catch bonnet pins

Toyota wind deflectors

Mc monsterhouse frp rear splitter

here she is (i know i still have'nt had it sprayed :) and no i didnt copy you with the catches Si lol we just think alike)

DSCF0292.jpg

engine

DSCF0290.jpg

interior

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

just got to pick up my front recaro seats from idrees and have them recovered in places then cover the door cards and the recaro interior will be finished :)

still a few bits and bobs id like to do to get her exactly how id like but not far off now.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good mate glad to hear you got it up running ok now. :) I also like how you've painted one cruise wing and not the other. :)

PS - Service history? :)

b*tch lol

thanks mate and i promise i will send it to you im just the most disorganised bloke in the world lol (hence one black wing lol)

Lol ok. :)

Are you still working on the custom front splitter?

na gave up on it, lol i want 96 front lip in carbon but no one has made one yet :) or this realy awesome bumper from japan but withe the current climate its £370 but looks like an evo 6 bumper for the starlet! emailed the guy in japland about a group buy but he has never got back to me :)

• 2 weeks later...

well traveled up to see Idrees and Tayyib and pick up my recaro front seats, now my external gate wasnt holding boost and was creeping so i left the ebc off and had been driving for the last week or so at .5 (well .6ish with the creep) and then after the 9 hour trip as i left home to go to the mrs house it fooking died and so now i need a new wastegate :thumbsup: is what happens when you buy cheap ebay crap!!!! leason learned.

on the plus side was worth the trip to meet the guys and see the starlet conversions are both realy good and coming along well :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol cheers dan :thumbsup: ill start from the top.

since i last posted (over a year ago ;)) i blew the head gasket wich was a 1.6mm copper hg with stell fire rings but ultimatly crap lol and so this was replaced with a cruise 1.2mm as a result the timming was a tooth out so had to re adjust that and all was well. at the same time the ct9/ct20 was taken off and swapped for a gt spec from tongs (enzo's service is top notch and very quick!!) this set up gave more torque but im not so sure the gt spec was as powerful as the ct9/ct20 but will never know now. i got board of the gt spec very quickly and started looking at more power lol.

i bought a speedvision td04 kit and a lowish mileage td04, also swapped my already large fmic for a masive skyline fmic with custom pipe work B) it is large but came off a gt running 300+bhp so is perfect for cooling big power. i finaly had it sprayed too and have swapped my 16's for light wieght 15's in white, ordered and fitted recaro low position rails and my recaro front seats, sold my carbon surrounds :D and this week end I've fitted my four point rear cage and heat wrapped the mani and decat. thats where it stands at the mo.

next on the list is port polish my spare cylinder head (got off a mate has £1100 recipt for full rebuild and only done a handfull of miles since) port polish, port match and powdercoat spare inlet mani, build new front exit exhaust due to old one blowing on the flexi B), also fit and map my dastek unichip to 1.4bar!! then probably get board and go td05bb or maybe td06 :p:lol:

pics to follow soon, and it will be at jap fest too. sorry about the essay guys lol.

ok a few i took yesterday with a very poor camra phone ;) havnt got the hang of the phone yet. but should satisfiey the photo whores till i get better ones :thumbsup:

1-3.jpg

my mates place off work, we get on with his boss who kindley lets me use the warehose for car days B)

5.jpg

cage from the rear B)

4.jpg

cage from in car :lol:

3-1.jpg

very out of focus shot of the bay, few brackets and that missing as they where drying from a fresh coat of paint :D

well in true starlet fasion i got it looking sweet took it to fest and then it goes wrong B) massive water leak, been dribbling for a while but now you stop the engine and it pisses out! so time to track it down, pulled all the inlet mani ect out and found a split in the main water hose to the water pump! thanks to my mate arron he saved me with a spare hose so poped to see him in bournmouth got back and fixed her all back up and did a service at the same time by 2am this morning :) and when i stripped it down I've noticed oil in the intake so after a quick check it would apear I've done in my 3rd turbo!!! its what you get for buying second hand i guess :) well onwards and upwards B)

• 1 month later...

well been a while since i updated you guys and the latest is I've got a set of super doper uber rare cruise cams on the way!!! massive thanks to dan507 the legend who put me on to them :p the down side is i have a major water presure build up leading to.........yep a blown cruise hg!! well theres only one thing for it unfortunatly, the mrs has spent two days telling me to brake the car and get back what i can of the £000's spent and after much thought I've decided to strip the engine and rebuild it all following very careful inspection!!!! watch this space guys will be back and very evil mooohaahaahaaaaaaaaa!!!

p.s may not be at fest2 in the black beast :p but will still be there :p

thanks dude. well still trying to find time to take her apart atm, made a small start then it began to rain so gave up for the day :( all in all feeling a bit down about the V today.......................................................untill the courier turned up and put a smile on my face :D

DSCF0443.jpg

huge thanks to keith at zisco and dan507 for pointing keith my way. also may need some new rods soon as although theres nothing wrong with my cunnigham rods i may be having a change of direction, still not 100% sure yet though :lol:

well been a while since i updated you guys and the latest is I've got a set of super doper uber rare cruise cams on the way!!! massive thanks to dan507 the legend who put me on to them :D

:lol:

You're welcome :(

Good luck with the rebuild matey

cheers dan :)

well finaly had a spare hour or two so made a start :)

DSCF0445.jpg

had a few jobs canceled this week so im gonna crack on and see how it goes, head should be off befor the end of the week and will be sent for pressure testing and if its fooked (fingers crossed) then shouldnt be long before shes back if however the head is ok then it points towards the block being cracked :) and a long rebuild as it wont be coming back with the same setup if thats the case :D as if its a full rebuild then ill go all out. i miss it sooooooo much already.

watch this space for an update in the next day or so :)