Shorty's Cruise Kitted Glanza

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice mate, love the time, effort and MONEY lol that has gone into this, will be an awesome car!

Love the blitz leads, where did you get them? i thought i had thick ones (8.8 splitfire) but yours is bigger :)

Simlar to trd uprated bushes, but made of polyurathane so little to no flex meaning no loss of power though engine movement, and they wont wearout like rubber mounts do. The lsd bush has never been developed and looking at the oem mout they take a lot of strain from the lsd so will be fantastic to finaly put a poly mount on there ;-)

@ sanchez, found in japland mate, never seen em before for a starlet so had to have them. And bigger is better :)

well was a nice day to day so cracked on with the V

engine all ready to drop

DSCF0475.jpg

bonnet off

DSCF0476.jpg

getting ready, having your car on grass, on a slope is not easy but needs must

DSCF0477.jpg

dropping it in

DSCF0478.jpg

engine in :wub: big thanks to my brothers and my best mate ollie for thier efforts

DSCF0479.jpg

more to come in the next few days :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry im not big on shouting about my progress but i realy should learn to be. Ok well, just bought a vf24, roose hoses, got my disks for my ae111 brakes now, and some very very rare wheels that i love and had on my first v but you will have to wait for the refurb before you see them :) also she is up and running and has 600 miles on her from rebuild and im no fag so these hav been a mix of slow break in and now im at the boostin to .5bar stage and all seems well, need external set up then on with the vf and finaly a 1.4bar map on the dastek!! Ill clean her and upload some pics tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well said liam! me and si have a special understanding :D cruise parts will stay 100% origonal only guys sorry. on another note

car has developed a minor but massivly anoying oil leak :( so off to a mates garage for fixing (its too bloody cold for drive way diy this time lol

and as its xmas had to treat the car so

3-2.jpg

vf24 ballbearing turbo, time to aim high after the years of effort

clutch is on the way out again so sod it

2-3.jpg

massive thanks to marc, top guy and legend for parting with it, its going to a good cause. just waiting on the rebuild kit from nengun.

and sneak peak before the refurb (just for you dan you wheel whore)

1-4.jpg

hehe Rays Volk Work GR-N split rims :unsure: had a set on my first V and never forgave myself for selling them with the car B) but now after 4yrs i have another set B)

and now I've gotta pull my finger out to have her mapped and ready for the track at fest B)

love this car

and never ever let anyone copy the cruise stuff

im ordering cruise fenders in the new year for £800 so i want them unique lol

thanks mate. got some hubcentric spacers for sale if you fancy them, cant use em once my twinpots go on :unsure: the disc is alot wider so id scrub the arch B)

Sorry im not big on shouting about my progress but i realy should learn to be. Ok well, just bought a vf24, roose hoses, got my disks for my ae111 brakes now, and some very very rare wheels that i love and had on my first v but you will have to wait for the refurb before you see them :unsure:

I know what they are B)B) bet they look good after refurb mate :(

@ simon: lol, cheers dude they should look lush, not 100% on colour and style yet got a few ideas, may just keep it simple and refurb them the same.

drop me a pm marc i.o.u after sortin me out the orc :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

well tiny update, alternator belt snapped the other day! uber gay had to tow the V home with my mates s13 B) didnt get home till 3am not an easy tow lol. any how put it down to the persistant tiny oil leak and the cold, havnt used the car realy since the weather turned but she is off for the oil leak to be sorted, also ordered two new aux belts (alternator and pas) and a new power enterprise kevelar timing belt, notthat the old power enterprise is worn but can never be to careful with oil leaks on belts. the orc overhaul kit and orc lutch will be fitted at the same time too, oh and ordered up a nice new WEPR ram stayle mani for the VF24 to sit on :lol: should be ready for mapping around end of feb B) just in time for pod and the shows. should be on track a fair bit this year too. pics will follow when something worth showing happens lol.