Emanage Ultimate, confused!!!

Hi all,

Had my EMU mapped by tuning developments a few months back. Car is running 245hp @ 1.1bar and has been running perfect.

Just recently been having the engine light come on when I push hard in 3rd gear. Was bringing up code 12 (rpm signal) and 34 (boost signal). Cleared the codes by the EFI fuse, light came back a couple of days later and read it straight away and it had only logged 34, so that's the one causing the light.

None of this before had any effect on the way the car was running.

Today a new issue came up, went to overtake some idiot today and it shut down as soon as it went above 1bar.......I'm getting fuel cut 100% as the light comes on then goes off 2 secs later.

How the hell can I be getting fuel cut when I'm running EMU????

:(

Cheers guys

Yeah it's very odd :(

I still managed to get a check engine light, threw 34 again but no symptoms of fuel cut at all. Bloody thing! Got to be something up with it keep logging 34. I'll try and give him a call in the AM, I know they are in the middle of moving premises at the moment so might be a struggle

Was the unit second hand? Or has it took a decent bat off something at any point?

Ive heard that the emu's are very sensitive because theres a sensor near enough touching the inside of the casing and if the unit is chucked about and is hit in the wrong place it can cause you a hell of a headache so it might be that?

It was second hand off here bud, but no signs of impact etc and has been running perfect for a couple of months. You never know it could have been dropped at some point but I've got no way of knowing :/

Edited by ROTABOOST

map sensor, swap with a pal and see how you get on.

sounds like whatever voltage the emu is clamping the boost signal at isnt holding.

so either maps sensor going mental/wiring from it is going mental and allowing the stock ecu to see too much boost. /shorting wire maybe?>

Phil

Well that would tie in with the code 34 being thrown all the time, I priced a new map sensor from snows today for shits and giggles, yours for just £270+ vat haha!

Will a glanza be the same? Mates is off the road at the moment so could be a prime opportunity ;)