suggestions for next car...

Hi all, Im going to be strait, im not enjoying my Glanza as much as I would like. Its just not what im looking for at the moment, if i could have it as a second car it would be better but its just too much of a toy, need something a bit bigger and more grown up but still fun to drive, with a bit of character and cool-ness (and still be Japanese too).

The three I'm thinking at the moment are; Civic EK9, Integra DC2 or a Nissan s14

The issues ive got is that I quite often take passengers in the back (struggle in the Glanza, knocking exhaust and scrubbing tires aren't cool) and I don't have the facilities to do big repairs or maintenance (not that the Glanza ever needs any but it restricts my options for a next car)

looking at the three cars ive chosen they all have downsides

EK9, very expensive and look a bit pedestrian

S14, lack of rear leg room and possibly high maintenance

DC2 im not sure i want one very much but it seems to tick all of the boxes (unsure of rear leg room if anyone can shed some light)

Budget will be about £4000 if all goes well and insurance dependant as I will only be 21 when it comes time to buy the new car.

I'm not sure if I'm being too fussy but if anyone has any other ideas or information on the cars I've mentioned it would be much appreciated.

Edited by Farrell
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link goes to an S15? i would love one but i cant afford an S15, and as much as i would love a 14 i dont think it would be practical enough, i will be taking a closer look at a friends soon but i would like to be able to take 3 adults + me

What about a Corolla T-sport?

not a big fan im afraid, but good shout

If your taking passengers out in the car regulary then why not look for something like an Impreza?

Alot more practical for rear seat passengers.

Good idea, il look into it!

Yes thats what i meant haha

That link goes to an S15? i would love one but i cant afford an S15, and as much as i would love a 14 i dont think it would be practical enough, i will be taking a closer look at a friends soon but i would like to be able to take 3 adults + me

If your taking passengers out in the car regulary then why not look for something like an Impreza?

Alot more practical for rear seat passengers.

Had a quick look, only really like the later ones but they're well out of my price range D:

im thinking its most likely going to be a DC2, white would be nice but it would need to be the JDM front end or no deal.

Agreed, if you want to live at the petrol station go for the silvia lol Impreza is a good choice but It's gone rather chavy imo, type r JDM yo :D

Something like a JZX90/100 would do the trick, ticks all the boxes, although youd struggle to get a decent one in budget. But then again it'll be hard to get an EK9 for 4K aswell.

What about a Toyota AE111 ? Thats a beast of an allround car :)

An Evo 4 would be in budget,infact there was one on the MLR for £3800 I think it was with a 6 engine in it, weak point on the 4 is the original engine.

Massively practical and quick, just make sure you keep a few pennies spare, servicing and fuel bills are high.

Although my old standard 6 could do 25mpg with mixed driving, the 4 I have now struggles to do 18mpg.....even if I don't tickle the throttle :D