suggestions for next car...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of these have silly high tax !! 12months on an RX8 is like £220!

hadn't considered that but I was talking to a guy at work today who recently got a Mk5 golf R32, he says the tax on that is over £400! Mental.

if ive missed a post inbetween feel free to correct me lol but if your budget is 4k that will only get you an absolute high mileage dog in any of the following -

ek9, dc2 type r, dc5, impreza, evo. id say u need to spend more like 6-7k or more for a properly decent example of any of those.

i think the celica gt4 is your best bet for 4k if you want something fast and jap but a bit bigger than a starlet or maybe a civic ek4/jordan

edit - dont buy an rx8 lol they are cheap as fuck for a very good reason - they r awful. high tax, oil burning, fuel guzzling, shit handling, occasional engine dying for no particular reason, and slow as shit lol

Edited by richglanzav

if ive missed a post inbetween feel free to correct me lol but if your budget is 4k that will only get you an absolute high mileage dog in any of the following -

ek9, dc2 type r, dc5, impreza, evo. id say u need to spend more like 6-7k or more for a properly decent example of any of those.

i think the celica gt4 is your best bet for 4k if you want something fast and jap but a bit bigger than a starlet or maybe a civic ek4/jordan

edit - dont buy an rx8 lol they are cheap as fuck for a very good reason - they r awful. high tax, oil burning, fuel guzzling, shit handling, occasional engine dying for no particular reason, and slow as shit lol

yeah i think EK9 is pretty much out of it but ive seen a few DC2's for roughly £4000, DC5, imprezas and evos are all well over my budget though

Not sure where you've been looking lol. Imprezas are not that expensive from my experience (providing you're not looking at a new one) and i'm sure you could get a fine example for under 4k. Granted the rest are a little more but I'm sure there are still nice examples to be had for 4 grand. Would anyone spend 7 grand on a 20 year old civic? Unless it was like 700 bhp and showered with high quality parts lol. Seems a bit of an over valuation personally

Not sure where you've been looking lol. Imprezas are not that expensive from my experience (providing you're not looking at a new one) and i'm sure you could get a fine example for under 4k. Granted the rest are a little more but I'm sure there are still nice examples to be had for 4 grand. Would anyone spend 7 grand on a 20 year old civic? Unless it was like 700 bhp and showered with high quality parts lol. Seems a bit of an over valuation personally

Yes they would, and often do...the price is the price. You want one you have to pay it

lol maybe i was being a bit harsh on the scoob's. i suppose you can buy a half decent average mileage classic impreza turbo/rb5 or early wrx sti maybe for about 4k.

BUT...show me a tidy low mileage import dc2 type r or ek9 for anything near 4k - i aint even checked the net yet im so confident :p you will have to pay easy 8k for a low mileage minter.

its up to you at the end of the day anyway dude i only comment about cars being shit if i personally know for a fact that they are.

i know someone with an rx8 and someone whose owned a pulsar. they both are wallet destroyers. pulsar has at least got good power especially if you tinker a bit

but the transmission just cant handle it unless you spend some serious wonga.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hondapartsforsale/permalink/816192805067962/

Hopefully it will let you see that, but its a JDM DC2 type r 104k miles for £3600 and looks to be in fairly good shape, few mods aswell but nothing major

seems about average milage to me but im not looking for a low mileage minter to be honest

but i will agree that an EK9 for less than £4000 will be hard to come by so im swaying towards the DC2 now but we shal see what happens when its closer to the time :)

Edited by Farrell

What do you want? I'm going to but one and sell it you for twice it's value haha :p

Again...you are completely missing the point of the supply and demand lol. There arent many out there, they arent making more and they are a desirable car. Before you make any comment on prices i think you should research supply and demand lol.

Again...you are completely missing the point of the supply and demand lol. There arent many out there, they arent making more and they are a desirable car. Before you make any comment on prices i think you should research supply and demand lol.

Someone's on the blob and can't take a disagreement lightly it seems lol. Your idea of a tidy example is your opinion, as is your price range of what you need to pay for a good one and therefore you cannot say what your price range is and then tell me that my price range is wrong. If you actually have a look, 7k is way way at the high end of any ek9. And I understand supply and demand thank you. Maybe you should research "opinion" and "spendthrift" before you comment on pricing again.

Haha i can. You are the one who said you're gonna sell a car for twice its value to me . Suggesting i have no idea what things are worth. Anyway end of that story, internet is just too expensive these days to carry on

You too make out that I have no idea. Telling me to research supply and demand and that if I want something then I have to pay the top price and that's that which isn't true at all lol. And I did say it as a piss take as you say you're happy to pay any price for something that you want. Shame your Internet is too expensive. Shouldn't have been so careless setting up your contract ;)