What's best power to run mate?

Thats the never ending debate lol.

Around 240 - 250 in a well set up starlet is pretty decent imo.

Youd probably need to sink 10k+ into a starlet to be able to have 450 and stand half a chance of being able to put it down, ie LSD, semi slicks.

At 200 at the moment, and dunt wana be spending £££££ n only improving 30-50 bhp, I know I will feel a difference, but want a big difference for my pocket to be lighter haha, what are the best Pistons and rods to use? And what do people do with the head? Port and polish?

At 200 at the moment, and dunt wana be spending £££££ n only improving 30-50 bhp, I know I will feel a difference, but want a big difference for my pocket to be lighter haha, what are the best Pistons and rods to use? And what do people do with the head? Port and polish?

whats your current setup? and whats your budget?? its not a cheap upgrade going from 200bhp. for a start you are gonna have to find or build a forged bottom end. there is a few on for sale at the moment. so theres 1600-2 grand gone already, but now you have a bottom end ready to take whatever you throw at it. turbo setup depends on your manifold you get, theres a nice wepr 1 forsale on tgtt for £250 sheets, so that will take any turbo using scooby 3 bolt flange. you will be needing bigger injectors, brake upgrades, suspension upgrades, some form of engine management, fpr, bigger flowing fuel pump, lsd box, front mount, etc etc. do some research

For 450bhp done properly with breaks and LSD your talking not much change from. 20-25k roughly.

Personaly wouldnt bother with anything below 220 bhp. Dare I say it for anything under that power I think I'd rather buy a Honda and rock the n/a!

I have a forged engine up for sale for 1750 in the forsales section and also have a matching turbo kit would see you well on your way to. 270+ bhp but engine + turbo kit your talking 2.5k+ so for alot of people they just stick with the stock engine its alot of money to invest

For 450 as a minimum I'd recommend

Cusco LSD

ORC ogura clutch and lightened fly

Wiseco 74.5mm pistons

Pauter rods

acl bearings

Athena head gasket

Coil on plug ignition

Suitable standalone ecu

3 ish inch exhaust system

Turbo wise most go with garret maybe try precision

head stud conversion

aftermarket inlet

decent size front mount

exhaust manifold to suit turbo

Downpipe to suit turbo

Tial wastegate

gauges to monitor things

cams

head work?

5e?

nos?

water meth?

Knife edge crank?

list goes on and on.....

Thanks for advice people, looks like my plans have been fetched forward, just gone down road in it n thrown con rod out a think! Not had a good look yet though, so I may need a block or bottom end, guna get it on ramp at work on Monday n have a look see the damage haha

i have a good 5e block and crank for sale if you decide to go down the 5e route.

kevin

Does the head and everything else fit of standard 4efte ? Or will I need to buy a head n all that bollocks, n what price we talking mate? Deffenatly worth concidering

Does the head and everything else fit of standard 4efte ? Or will I need to buy a head n all that bollocks, n what price we talking mate? Deffenatly worth concidering

all your 4e stuff bolts straight onto the 5e block, the only thing you have to change is the flywheel to a 3e te flywheel to let you use the 4e clutch.

looking £150 + postage for block and crank.

kevin

Would it be better to use a 5e head as well or is there no difference? And where's best place to find a flywheel?

And Kevin, if the block is fucked then I think Al have that block n crank off you :) but don't hold me to it! Al let you know as soon as I've had a look, thanks

Would it be better to use a 5e head as well or is there no difference? And where's best place to find a flywheel?

And Kevin, if the block is fucked then I think Al have that block n crank off you :) but don't hold me to it! Al let you know as soon as I've had a look, thanks

no just use your 4efte head and theres a trader on here has the flywheel you need (idrees).

thats ok block and crank here if you do need it.

kevin