buying a car from Ireland

Couldn't you have it delivered to a UK port, and trailer it home,register it later?

A question not a answer, sorry for jumping aboard Glanza-Ben, just interested

Yea you can do that, I don't have a trailer and just need a complete car for a donor so not worth registering for me, but for some one else it's proberly a cheap way of getting a cheap gt or glanza

Since all gts and glanzas in ireland sell for 1500 or under, is there anything stopping me flying over and driving a Irish one back?

Lol. That's what me and my brother did a cvouple of months ago.

Took a plane from Bristol Airport. Flew into Belfast. Bought the car. Ferry into scotland and then drive back to Gloucestershire...got home at like 5 in morning. Work at 9! But definitely do able! He bought his car after I bought mine and for the money got so much of a nicer condition one!

Took a plane from Bristol Airport. Flew into Belfast. Bought the car. Ferry into scotland and then drive back to Gloucestershire...got home at like 5 in morning. Work at 9! But definitely do able! He bought his car after I bought mine and for the money got so much of a nicer condition one!

How did you go about the insurance to drive it over here

Where abouts in gloucestershire you from mate and what ep you drive? Dont know if ive seen you around...sorry ben

No it's the south.

Our insurance covers us to drive to the south without any problems but so maybe the same for you?

I need to know how to insure a Irish plated car to get it home if possible as one I found is in Cork and won't be cheap if I have to get transport to get it back

if your going to cork for a car best bet would be driving it to rosslare port in county wexford and that brings you to pembroke in wales or drive the motorway to dublin and head to holyhead

irish cars do have log books but its normal for the car seller to send it off in post for you but since your taking it outa the county best take down the chassis number etc

it is hard to find a clean irish car now but as you said its a donor so you should be fine but cork is a bit of a driver to the nearest port depends on what part of cork if your going way west cork could take you at least 2 hours to get to cork city and 2 1/2- 3 hours from cork city to Dublin or 2 hours to rosslare port

So best bet is to find a car in wexford or Dublin or county's along side them

Cork is the biggest county in Ireland and not many motorways linking county's

Hope this helps

if your going to cork for a car best bet would be driving it to rosslare port in county wexford and that brings you to pembroke in wales or drive the motorway to dublin and head to holyhead

irish cars do have log books but its normal for the car seller to send it off in post for you but since your taking it outa the county best take down the chassis numberetc

it is hard to find a clean irish car now but as you said its a donor so you should be fine but cork is a bit of a driver to the nearest port depends on what part of cork if your going way west cork could take you at least 2 hours to get to cork city and 2 1/2- 3 hours from cork city to Dublin or 2 hours to rosslare port

So best bet is to find a car in wexford or Dublin or county's along side them

Cork is the biggest county in Ireland and not many motorways linking county's

Hope this helps

That's a huge help I never knew ireland was so big lol and Wales port would be best as I'm that end of the country,will look into it abit more now

Cheers

Edited by Glanza-Ben

Get owner to use the p and o ferry service so it's dropped in Liverpool, I can pick it up on the truck and deliver fully insured

Having some one collect it cost more money, I'm trying to get one over on the budget as just need it for parts

Thanks for offer though

haha were not really just shit roads linking places :wacko:

No worries at all

It's all gay roads around me the motorway is a hour away lol