• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Picturless update!

So the mint looking bonnet I bought in white is far from what it looked like in the picture I was sent. Opened a dispute through paypal so we'll see what happens.

My advice: don't ever buy anything of the Fb site.

Lesson learned. I'm pretty pissed off that I'm now £70 worse off.

I also sold my rear silver glanza bootlid and 98 spec bumper to fund more car parts.

Priorities now are:

Indicators (whole units)

Replace passenger wing in 040

engine flush

service including all fluids replaced.

Then whatevery is required for mot.

There's not a lot I can do out here in the Arctic. So I'm going to just accumulate service parts for now.

I'm going to need to get an exhaust that isn't decat for mot unless I can find a decat friendly one nearby. So I might be on the lookout for a full exhaust system. I've already missed out on 2 on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

New V5 came through today. Took about 4 weeks so not too bad. They got the number of my house wrong on the address bit of the V5 (333 instead of 33) there aren't 333 houses on my street so luckily my postman isn't a Dipshit and used his initiative.

should I get it corrected? I'm not familiar with law and whatnot so I'm unsure if it effects anything?

After vowing to not buy from the Fb page I saw a job lot of starlet parts from a guy close to me so I grabbed a bargain while I could. I'll take more detailed pictures when I can and it'll all be for sale in the sales thread. Some of you may have seen the original sales post.

IMG_20150131_140458_zpsjxcvybnq.jpg

IMG_20150131_140353_zpsrd96auss.jpg

IMG_20150131_140325_zpsw9cxffwh.jpg

IMG_20150131_140300_zpsljxsdjci.jpg

There's a few other bits like glove box and door seals too. Bargain for what I paid so I'll sell it on to pay for bits I need.

I also saw some sr decals on ebay from Ireland.

I was going to but some from morgey but he said they can fade with snowfoam and polishing

the guy on ebay assured me that the vinyl for these was 7 year laminated stuff, here's the description:

Set of Starlet SR decals manufactured from a 7 year quality vinyl to exact size, shape and colour as the originals. Digitally printed and laminated which means they are not individual colours layered on top of each other like other cheaper copies! Will come with application tape applied for easy application onto the vehicle.

So I decided on these over morgeys and also got the seller to fill in the gap for the sidestrips.

The decals aren't going on for a while as I have a lot of bodywork stuff I want to do first. The decals will be a final touch.

IMG-20150131-WA0001_zpskgmpx8wr.jpg

Here's the ebay link for them:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251789428497&alt=web

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in a while dur to not being in the country. I forgot to post a few parts that I have waiting to go on too.

Glanza plate surround

IMG_20150216_153059_zpstwfccysy.jpg

Glanza spoiler (currently being painted) that I bought off Rich

FB_IMG_1424199019093_zpsmwgjd2ij.jpg

Trd Clutch (also for sale)

IMG_20150214_194009_zpsm3zilt0r.jpg

received_10155325672995372_zpsnkdzcihz.j

I fly home for the weekend only though on Friday so I'm not going to get to do anything to the car except look at it. but when I fly home at the end of march there should be massive changes to the car.

I have some parts coming from Fiddlersport soon too that he's been really understanding about so looking forward to that Too. Can't wait to put some hours in on the car now.

• 2 weeks later...

So i flew back to the uk for a couple days over the weekend as my wife had the 12 week baby scan. i managed to look at the car a bit and i managed to get it started as i blew something when i made a real schoolboy error. I'm not going to admit what i did but it was very silly. Turns out it was the 100 amp fusible link (the one that you have to remove from underneith the fuse box) i didnt have a spare one so i had to bodge it for now by putting a bit of solder over it, i just wanted the car to run. everything looks good, ive got all electrics back, the fuse to the hazard lights, horn and car alarm has been removed for some reason but i can only come to the conclusion that because there is a half assed job of fitting an aftermarket alarm as well as the horn to the momo steering wheel. i managed to get a quick video of a walkround of the car with a close up of some of the body work that needs attention. i'm back in Norway now for 3 weeks but when i get back im going to smash loads of work into this.

>http://youtu.be/LRRVF42WUqQ

Last night i picked up a bargain. I saw a cheap starlet on ebay with little time left and no bidders. i contacted the seller to ask what the reserve was, He then later removed the reserve for some reason so i put in a ridiculously low bid and then forgot about it. So midnight last i have a notification informing me that i'd won the car. couple messages later i pay for it via Paypal,The only reason i put in a bid was because it has a Powerflow exhaust system on it, and it also comes with the original exhaust. So bargain. I'm not sure what to do with it but m thinking either,

1.) Use it for parts and then break the rest, or

2.) Tidy it up for minimal expense and then sell the car on for a profit, using the cash i make to finish my SR

Here's some pictures of it:

IMG_20150311_003114_zpsvtlnfa0z.jpg

IMG_20150311_003154_zpsp5kqnq2o.jpg

IMG_20150311_003224_zpsstnbeszn.jpg

IMG_20150311_003303_zpsrz7diejo.jpg

there was one other bidder who lost out on this by £5, sorry mate.

Same colour as mine! Ever want to sell them steel wheels I'll have them need some wheels for winter that's all haha.

I'll let you know mate, if i do sell them then theyll be last thing to come of the car so that i can get it scrapped.