wicked lil project there my friend. lots to be getting on with.

I'm in Norway between Jan and the end if March. Good thing is I can afford parts and order them so they're waiting for me when u get home in march. Then once I'm home I'll be on leave (military) and can smash out loads of work on it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the one that has silver bonnet and sat in a hedge in the pictures

Thanks to Glanza-Ben I've got a white 96 spec bumper at a bargain in white to go on until I can get the car sorted. So ill be picking that up soon from him.

Thanks for holding on to it for me too.

IMG_122120458956026_zpsipkyicdb.jpeg

#pictures loaded after

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man. Ye plenty to keep me busy. I think I can get it back on the road for a fairly low amount. Once it has mot I'll concentrate on getting it looking back to a decent state.

Wont be hard to get it back into an SR form, could i suggest you go for glanza skirts tho? As they look sweet on a SR and also a TTE lip of possible! :)

Wont be hard to get it back into an SR form, could i suggest you go for glanza skirts tho? As they look sweet on a SR and also a TTE lip of possible! :)

Well I'm now thinking as it has the glanza front I might just go for glanza exterior with morgeys replacement sr decals.

Imagine the interior and engine bay etc with the castrol colour theme? So green and red. That's my idea at the moment anywa. I don't want the colours to clash so I won't be over doing it too much.

Red door cards,

Red seats,

Red interior footwear lights,

Green interior dash plastics here and there,

Then a green and red engine bay.

I'm not sure what to do with wheels but I'd like the original speedlines in white I think and then paint the speedline logo red. Green callipers!

I think it'll look quite unique, ye sure it'll be another glanza exterior but it'll still have the sr theme. And if I decide I don't like the exterior then I can just get original exterior in exchange for my glanza one with some change.

• 2 weeks later...

Little tiny update. After various reasons and Christmas and new year getting in the way I'm now collecting the car Saturday. Bit annoying but can't be helped. I have bumper turning up tomorrow. Then I'm off to Oswestry to pick up 4 speedlines in need of a paint but with new tires, and also a full interior. So list of things so far:

N/a wing mirrors (arrived)

Glanza front brace (arrived)

Spred lines

96 spec 040 white bumper.

Just need:

Passenger wing in 040 white

glanza bootlid

glanza sideskirts

various painting of parts

wheel arch dent repair

huge service

Should be just about ready for an mot then.

Unfortunately I pick the car up and then fly out of the country 2 days later for 3 months. What a sitter. But I will definitely have everything ready to go on and have funds ready for big updates when I return at the end of march

So I picked up some speedlines yesterday and my bumper also got delivered.

Only 4 speedlines instead of 5 but I'm sure I can pick one up from somewhere. All 4 wheels need the paint strippin off them, I didn't take any close of ppictures of them as they look crap right now but they came with 4 good tires.

20150101_105610_zpsesyqlbkd.jpg

The bumper needs a full respray but for now it'll stay this way until I can afford the respray. The mounting hole on one side is cracked but I think I can repair that.

Need some fogs for it too. I am correct in thinking this is the 96 spec Ye?

20150101_105651_zpsfmv7dwgy.jpg

Ok so I started a little bit today. I sorted through all the interior that I bought the other day. I thought I wouldn't have a clue where anything went but I'm pretty sure I know now. So I paired up the different plastics and noticed that the door cards where horrendously dirty so I took them apart and decided to put the JML multi steat cleaner that I've got to good use. I soaked the fabrics and plastics in Cilit Bang for 20 minutes and then steam cleaned the door cards. I can't tell you how much of a difference it made. They look brand new now. I forgot to take before pictures. The door cards are soaked but clean.

20150101_202751_zpseugrkt7x.jpg

20150101_202759_zpsgtutzolh.jpg

As the steamer and cilit bang worked so well my plan for tomorrow will be to deep clean all these bits of plastic. With the intension of doing all the interior plastics. Any scuffs or scratches will get sanded out to get the interior looking 100%. Eventually i'l get most of the interior sprayed castrol red and green with the door cards getting new red and green fabric put on them.

20150101_202942_zpswd3vfddw.jpg