Competition clutch stage four 6 puk exploded :(

Was driving down the A1 today and slowed changed down to 3rd and it would go in? wouldn't go in any gear? i managed to get it in one and then it worked fine until i got to work.

Went to go home and won't engage in gear when engines on.

Will engage when off and the car lunges forward but will start in gear and drive in 1st but won't let me change out to second and with clutch depressed car creeps forward.

Is it the box or release bearing,

Master/slave/braided lines all replace 3 months ago along with new clutch fork when i put in the competion stage 3 clutch in.

Any ideas Gearbox or release bearing (it was noisy when not engaged) clutch still feels as it did when working fine just seems its not clearing or syncros are fucked

Edited by Broony

Is your clutch pedal properly adjusted at the top of the pedal ?

Holding hydraulic pressure fine ?

Although does sound like a clutch / release bearing fault.

Normally if it was say 3rd gear syncro the rest of the gears would select fine and 3rd would be difficult.

Cable stiff would be some gears difficult. Chances of both cables seizing at the same time is slim.

Get someone to go through the gears in the car and you have a look at them at the top of the box, see if they are sticking or if the shield has came off the cable. Also try select gears manually with the selectors on top of the box, if you can get gears that way then its looking to be a clutch / release bearing issue.

It selects all gear when engine is off, it won't select any when its running, i will try bleeding the clutch again and adjust the pedal, seems as though the clutch pedal feels the same so i doubt hydraulic although i will check that when i get the car back home.

its going to be on it 3rd gear box soon haha

Well found the problem, it's the competition clutch from Idrees! Part of the clutch disc has came away and small spring has came out! So lucky it never scored my brand new zep flywheel!!

Annoying thing is clutch is only 6 month old max !! Pictures soon

First one I've seen fail and we've sold dozens, I'm sure Competition Clutch will be willing to sort something out.

Please send me a PM with your original order/invoice number and all the pictures and I'll forward them on.