Water getting in my door? Leaky starlet :(

Hey everyone.

Now I am keeping myself busy restoring the starlet and the more I strip the more problems i find.

Took both door cards off today to see if I can get the motors off to sort them. Couldnt Get them out just yet but will keep trying.

Both the door cards were wet on the bottom and my passenger door has a little water in the bottom of it.

Could some point me in places to look?

Also got a leak from boot it seems to come from the top near the spoiler run down the chassis behind the lights and to the bung under the light that's broken.

I have bodged that to stop leaking but need perm solutions for my leaks please.

Cheers

Where's the drain hole you speak off fiddlersport?

I was just gonna try get a new bung thing that the light sits it.

Tailgate rubber boot wire? You reckon that would be on of my leaks?

Any suggestions on what sealant I need? Wanna make it look at neat as I can ideally

Hello

rear lights hole, easy fix, sealant or buy the genuine plastic thing

tailgate-towords the top right of the tailgate is the tailgate wires which run through the rubber, this has probably come off, clean up and reattach and use some silicone sealant and let it set.

check your rear washer wiper pipe, the one that joins the roof to the tailgate (pipe)

your windows misted up all the time ?

spray some water over the tailgate and get a friend to jump in the boot ! listen for the water drops

doors and sills, there are drian holes on the tailgate and doors and sills, they probably need cleaning, if water does come in then it can run out

Yeah windows always misted. Can't believe how much water comes out that vid gonna try find my drain holes tommorow they easy to spot?

I know where the water travels from boot it goes between the gap between chassis and spoiler and runs down the left side towards the light then goes under the light but then into the car because the plastic bung don't work :/

clean all the rubber seals and the mating surface, i used the halfords silicone rubber spray for window seals, door seals....

was on the motorway last night and less cabin noise and no water leaks, (really bad rain) the reason i was fixing all the leaks so i can now use the jute felt behind the panels for insulation and sound deadining

while your door cards are off if you fixing the door leak you might aswell use some sound proofing

Don't really wish to add weight like sound proofing. I might get some stuff to add the plastic back on door card.

Will find the silicone rubber spray cheers. Not had chance to do anything today but will go round the whole car tommorow.

Any tips for loose door seal? As I was messing yesterday I loosened the seal on the passenger door.

Its normal to have a bit of water is your doors, well not hundreds just a few drops running down the window and stuff. You just need to get a sheet of plastic and make sure the door is 100% sealed and the cabin doesnt get damp. Clear the drainholes out on the bottoms of the doors.

As for the door seal which runs round the door, there are small slits in it for clips about every foot or so, they can be a bit tricky to get back in.

Right with everyones help all drain holes are good and clear.

Stil l have water going from the gap in chassis and spoiler going down the passenger side to behind the light will try find a new bung for under the light unit and see if that fixes it.

Will find some plastic to seal the doors once I have new window motors