• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice progress ;)

cheers mate!

have you got a pic of the rear end yet rob?

ill put one up when its painted....started today actually...starting at the front and working back...wont be too long mate ;)

saw the car when i poped over to get the exhaust, looks like u are puttin some hardgraft into it, plus the JAM glanza bumper looks schweeet! lookin forward to seein how it comes along!

little update from the last couple of days. got both wings and the bonnet sprayed :thumbsup: just need to sort out bumper brackets, grill and headlights and then ill have all the bodywork :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

havent updated this in a while...still cracking on with the glanza wiring looms, and have come to a few probs...as mine is a 98, the fuel pump plugs and a couple of other bits and bobs dont hook up to the glanza interior loom, but they would if i had a 96 n.a, so need to hunt down a few more wires...apart from that, the loom is basically in..

i got sicalns old fte ages ago that need quite a few bits on it, and ive finally got another buggered fte to swap the bits over from, got an engine stand today, so got it on that and started stripping it down etc..

finally, on sunday im getting my new wheels :thumbsup:, (pics when there home).....so that means, ive got 5 speedlines up for grabs if anyone wants them!

some pics of the FTE strip down..

SNC00375.jpg

SNC00372.jpg

As i need to swap the engine on the stand over with the running one (which i cant do on my own :)) i decided to give the inlet mani a quick refurb, so everything is looking fresh when the engine finallys goes in :)

Cleaned, primed, painted & lacquered :)

SNC00376.jpg

SNC00377.jpg

Looking good Rob, such a lucky git! Wish I had the time to take the engine out n spray the bay and engine up........... looks mint! That looks bare safe blud! Wish i'd bin home to see the engine all stipped down aswell. This is gonna be a beast when it's finished but u keeping it hush hush :lol: ? Take some pics of my car when im bk from london aswell plz :thumbsup:

thnak you antonio, the other engine is still in bits so you can have a butchers when your back :lol: And yes, some bits will be kept "hush hush" :thumbsup: haha

Also, got the sump on and sealed yesterday, took longer than required as when i went to put the oil pickup/sieve thing on, there was 2 sheared bolts in there! :wub: so had to get them out :wub:

a couple of pics of the engine as it stands now...not too much more needed for it now! but still a long way to go untill it runs :thumbsup::lol:

SNC00386.jpg

Didnt paint the rail, just cleaned up, may autosol it, to make it a little more shiney..

SNC00392.jpg