Like the others have said, looking forward to seeing these twin TB's, but how are you gonna be able to pay the insurance on this?? As you are younger then me (i think) and indsurance wont touch me with any engine mods

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know lol...endsleigh would quote with 3 mods i think, and alot of companies let you do what you want with the interior....or if worst comes to the worst bits may have to come off for the time being...

anyhows, im about to go and sort these recaro's out, so ill update with progress later.

some pics of the interior as it is now...also, been sorting out the airel for the X1R . As its stupid, it has to be ran to the brain, that is under the seat..:) All the wires have been run down the center console and under the carpet aswell, as they used to be just tucked under the trim...

All works now so i have radio, and visual traffic jam updates :)

SP_A0626.jpg

All the wires the stupid thing needs:-

SP_A0627.jpg

SP_A0628.jpg

As others have said and as I've said before - looking forward to seeing how the TB's turn out

Oh and of course looking forward to buying the rolla mani :p

put some money aside then :p so you can buy it when i sell it, as quite a few people are after it...!

Should also have one recaro in soonish, as scutch has drilled the mechanism off the old rails :)

Cheers guys :)

Rob

some new pics...with some hideous glanza alloys, as the speedlines need new rubber...

Things being done next...

* Getting the recaro's in (scutch0 has came up with a good idea)

* Getting the Twin TB's Done (Scutch0's cleverness again :))

* New Rubber on the Speedlines, and refurbed, matt black, with red/blue lip (Get scutch0 to do that)

* Get the dent in teh wing and keying repaired...

Theres no pattern above, promise :)

pics

IMG_0890-01.jpg

IMG_0893-01.jpg

The 'Trust' thats no longer shinny. looks cool bronze tho imo :p

IMG_0898-01.jpg

damn i got a busy few months ahead! :p if you want the speedlines done it might be a while bud, i gotta finish the b/r's the gt wheels for j and his new 14's he's buying today/tomorrow. plus before you know it we'll be in winter again!

put some money aside then :p so you can buy it when i sell it, as quite a few people are after it...!

Should also have one recaro in soonish, as scutch has drilled the mechanism off the old rails :p

Cheers guys :)

Rob

I've got the cash waiting I'm just waiting for you to get it off the car B):p

and Rob are you being all hardcore and driving without the gearknob or have you just taken it off for whatever reason? :)

Those headunits are very flash always fancied one with a scree, can you watch movies on them? Now that would be good for traffic jams! ;)

yup they are very good, easily one of the best nav systems in the world, along with all the entertainment stuff it offers....you can watch movies etc...but you idealy want to rewire so it thinks the handbrake is always on, as normally when the handbrake is off, it knows your driving, and stops you using quite alot of features for safe....if that makes sense :p

The best bit about it, is the vechile dynamics bit...see how many G-Forces you can pull round a bend ;)

And yes, the gearknob was off becuase the dash was coming off. ;)

Rob

but you idealy want to rewire so it thinks the handbrake is always on, as normally when the handbrake is off, it knows your driving, and stops you using quite alot of features for safe....if that makes sense <_<

do you want me to bypass that for you rob?

that would be sooooo super cool imo

nice lil project you got yourself going there aswell

I do actually still think that you should Rally Slag it.

It will look awesome!!

cheers SX <_<

It could still be a posibility eventually...but first im gonna save the money so i can turbo it in the future

right, thanks to scutch, all the reclining mech has been drilled out off the old frame, so we're basically left with just the runners...two of the mounting holes line up to screw onto the seats, but the rear two tabs are about 2-3 inches to far forward, so some custom tabs will be made up for them...and then after that, simply bolt the seat and frame into the car!

some pics, of what has been done with them...

seat bolting to standard frame:-

SP_A0636.jpg

SP_A0637.jpg

The gap...tab needs to be moved

SP_A0638.jpg

part assembled

SP_A0639.jpg

SP_A0640.jpg

frame without the mech. on

SP_A0641.jpg

I think its going to look pretty swish, ill also get the old bits of plastic to fit over the sides of the rail, so the metal/spring isnt on show....im also thinking they are going to sit higher than the standard seats aswell, so will have to see, and if so, find a way to sort that out!!!

Massive thanks to scutch0 for doing the frame mate <_<

Rob

righto, more news on the seats, all was going well, got a bit of thick metal sorted out etc, so the rear tab bolt hole could be extended further....clamped it all in place got a couple of welds on it, and then my mates welder broke...so havent got that far with it...may not look nice, but even with just 2 spots its rock solid, and doesnt budge...but obviously, it'll all be welded once he's sorted the welder...

Im also gonna spray that rusty metal black....

SP_A0642.jpg