• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been busy doing some engine detailing/spraying...as it was a bit of a mess....still a long way to go, but have to start some where :p

- Did the fuse box cover, washer bottle cover, and the rad overflow bottle...

SP_A0488.jpg

SP_A0489.jpg

SP_A0490.jpg

^Theres one little dimple, but it isnt to bad....may get some mini decals to line up down it to cover it up....

In that pic you can also see i need a battery clamp..so if anyone has one drop me a PM please :p

Ill start on the headcover tomorrow aswell, as the rad brackets!

As for the SR Decals, ill see if toyota have any hanging around, and then if not, ill make some enquireys about getting some made up :D

Rob

After having a chat with scutch0, its been deemed the FTE TB isnt going to work :(......so i may try to go twin TB's on the standard plenum....:)

@ JAG yup, the glanza S is the non-turbo. But with a different ecu, injectors, and ignition system to the UK starlets...

@Jules-B, its Renault Electric Blue....rattle can from halfords, with their white primer and clear lacquer...

Rob

Update on the painting...refitted the washer bottle cap, rad overflow bracket...and painted and fitted one of the rad mounts....

Took the cam cover off...and sprayed that...aswell as the other rad bracket...both of which will be fitted tomorrow...

Some pics - masked up...then rubbed it all down and cleaned it etc..

SP_A0492.jpg

Then obviously primer, and then the first coat of the electric blue...

SP_A0493.jpg

All in all, im very happy with the finish i have been able to acheive with rattle cans...what do you think then guys?!

Thanks

Rob

i would use lacquer but it may take a bit of time....the first time i did it the lacquer had some really small cracks in, nothing really noticeable...then just wet and dryed it down..and re-did it...now its fine...

Such a sexy colour

My dad was saying something about if u wip the cam cover off 2 spray it u'v got to buy a new head gasket or sumin?

Anyone shed some light on this? :)

no you dont your not taking the whole head off...only the cover for the cams..so its fine...ill put a pic up of what its like underneath tomorrow for you if you want?!

Rob