★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

Nothing til tomorrow evening.

Half of the head has been done and was apparantly time consuming.

NGK Iridium Grade 7's on their way from Tuning Developments and a Power Enterprise MAG II Oil Filter from Envy.

Joz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure will Si.

Just got off the phone and my head will be ready tonight.

But because I dont wanna rush around I'll just collect it tomorrow.

He said it was time consuming because each clearance has to be measured individually for each shim.

He also said he does it his way to make sure everything is perfect.

The cams were also a bit tight so he machined a bit off some of the cam retainers.

All thats going through my mind is "sexy time, sexy time" :D :D

Joz

I wont answer that if you mean the whole engine build, but for the actual reshim job he initially said £50, but with the added time etc around £70-£80 which is more than fair enough.

Joz

Now that would be telling :(

I collected the head today personally, the guy deals a lot with all the local rally cars etc so really knows his stuff, to say I was enlightened and educated in 10 mins is an understatement :D

Here's some photos of what I had done.

Reshim - Had all the shim buckets reshimmed so cost me a lil more but expected for a good job.

CIMG0481.jpg

I also took the liberty to hook the itbs onto the head to see how the fit was. The runners seem a bit long so will have to be modded seeing as space is limited especially if I want velocity stacks and maybe an airbox. These are DIY remember :(

CIMG0478.jpg

CIMG0482.jpg

CIMG0479.jpg

Bear in mind the itbs are 80% complete so I wont be answering any Qs about them as I havent refined them myself yet and are not complete, soon tho.

More intimate head photos coming soon...

Im not in a rush to get these up and running as the winter months are upon us, and not much track action til spring.

However I will make sure the 5EFHE itself is running and emanage ultimate base tuned.

Also xmas is defi gonna be sexy time :D :D :D

If you think its all good news for me think again, Ive been stuffed for £50 import tax on the flywheel lol, mofos.

I will drive on tho regardless thNinja.png

Peace

Joz

Epic work there, I agree ITBs seem a bit "Far" from the head, I'm sure you know what needs doing though...(Oh crap ITB talk :D )

Shame about the excessive import costs, But nothings worth putting on unless it comes with a massive tax :D

Thanks guys, things are really coming together now.

Just need the TC bits to arrive as there was a mixup at the depot, should be sorted now.

Hope everyone had a happy halloween.

I was working as frigging usual lol.

Peace

Joz

Cheers lads :huh:

Will need a change of location soon for photos but theres nothing like the good ol' countryside lol.

Just waiting for the exhaust and lsd to arrive then I can get the engine and drivetrain sorted. I dont fancy the new engine mated to the powerflow because it would just be cack lol.

Thanks for viewing.

Joz